Searching...

NBN Extremely Slow, Unbeleivable

Mickzee

Hi Optus

We just changed to NBN from Optus Cable to get better speeds.

We are paying for 100/40 MBps and I understand average speeds in peak times may be 70/20 MBPs

In peak times we are getting 1.5/10mbps & non peak 20/20mbps, but we are experinecing extremely slow latency.

We are in Greenslopes and on a Business Account, We cannot operate with the unreliable service.

What do you suggest?

Re: NBN Extremely Slow, Unbeleivable

Paddylee

What NBN delivery method do you have?  This can have a major impact on what speeds you can obtain.

HFC

FTTN

FTTP

FTTB

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Mickzee

HFC

Paddylee

Non peak speed of 20/20 is very odd - looks like you are on a 50/20 plan.

NBN itself have ceased all HFC activations as their are major issues with NBN over HFC including speeds and dropouts.

For your issue though - you would need to log it as a fault as you should be getting faster than what you are currently receiving.

I do know that Optus Business can offer non standard speeds over the NBN such as 20/20 but these are normaly quite expensive but you receive this speed during peak time as well (hence why its soo expensive).

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Mickzee

Tonight’s speeds are 1.6/6.8. 

Running on ADSL1 download speeds.

How can I raise this without sitting on the phone. I don’t have the time to waste when it’s clearly a network fault. 

Highlighted

Brock_E

Thanks for flagging the above difficulties you're facing with your internet speeds, @Mickzee. As an alternative to speaking with our Tech Support team over the phone, you can also reach them on desktop here.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos