Searching...
Highlighted

NBN Drops out constantly

LogicHatesMe
So, I've had my NBN FTTN connection since the start of Jan this year, I am connected through DSL with the Sagemcom modem (which I hear is.. well.. an inferior modem, but whatever) I was told my max download speed here would be 40, after coming from an 80-90 connection in my last house, this is a huge step back, but it's ok, the speed doesn't bother me that much. What does bother me however, is the stability. Since I had my service connected nearly a month ago, I have experienced consistent drop outs of around 4-5 minutes a time, several times per day (no idea how many during sleeping hours). There have been a few over 15-20 minutes in there too. I run a business from home, and I also run an eBay store, send files back and forth constantly, as well as play games, and stream my TV and movies. But this is starting to effect my business. After having a 1 hour drop out last week I called Optus tech support, and spent an hour on the phone, we did an isolation test, swapped lan cables over, and factory reset the modem. For the next 3 days i had 0 drop outs, but then the process started again. What's more frustrating is that I have 2 Fetch boxes that don't seem to like reconnecting after the internet drops out, and I have to perform a restart on each box. We have a lot of devices: 2 PC's, 2 Fetch Boxes, a PS4, Nintendo Switch, 3 Mobile Phones, 1 tablet and a Smart TV. Both the 2 PC's and 2 Fetch Boxes are connected via Ethernet Cables, and everything else on WiFi, but it doesn't matter which it is, they all go down. The Internet light on the modem goes off, sometimes it stays off for hours even when my service is back. I would just like a stable connection please, any help I can get without having to spend another hour on the phone?

Re: NBN Drops out constantly

Dan_C

Afternoon @LogicHatesMe

Do you happen to have a fault referencen number from any of the past interactions you've had with our Tech team.

We could try setting your line profile from standard to stable. By default, we'll set your line profile to ,"standard."

If the customer advises that they're having issues with service drop outs, we can set your line profile to stable.

In doing so, there may be a slight reduction in your maximum attainable speed. If that's of any interest, let us know.

You can send us a private message. Be sure to include your full name, DOB and account number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

LogicHatesMe

Thanks for replying, yes I have a reference number for the past call, like I said I'm not overly fussed about speed, as long as I can stream without buffering, the speed is okay (I'm currently hitting around 20Mbps on speed tests anyways, even though my maximum is 40) I will send you a PM with the details.

Dan_C

@LogicHatesMe, I've replied back to your PM.

We'll chat there Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos