Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor lukey_boy2012
New Contributor

NBN Dropouts: D-Link Taipan AC3200 (DSL-4320L)

Hi everyone!

I’m in desperate need of your help and expert opinions. I recently purchased a (quite expensive) D-Link Taipan AC3200 (DSL-4320) modem/router to replace the Optus provided Sagemcom modem/router (not sure what model) so that I can hopefully achieve better download speeds and wireless range.

The problem I’m facing, which I’m sure or hope many of you are familiar with is NBN dropouts. I have contacted both Optus and D-Link for additional setup assistance after I started experiencing dropouts, and they were both surprisingly very helpful. I was told by both that an NBN connection does not require PPPoE, rather DHCP, and I should be able to just plug it in and away I go, which was the case (besides the obvious SSID setup). However, I’ve started experiencing dropouts every now and then, and I’ve currently had the modem/router setup and connected for three days.

Could any of you please shed some light on what my problem may be, or offer a solution before I either contact D-Link or Optus again, or send the modem/router back for a replacement?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated l, thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: NBN Dropouts: D-Link Taipan AC3200 (DSL-4320L)

@lukey_boy2012 

Would you please post the type of NBN connection you have please? FTTP, FTTN, FTTC, HFC
If you are unsure  please go to 
https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address 
enter you address and click check residential.

The type of connection helps for troubleshooting.

Was the Sagemcom dropping out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor lukey_boy2012
New Contributor

I have an FTTN connection through the phone line; and no, the Sagemcom did not experience any dropouts.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Make sure the Taipan is using the latest firmware , I can't find and Optus specific info but a TPG user needed version 1.00.19 or later before their Taipan connected properly.

IF that does not fix it, you might want to try and compare the "Connection Type", "VDSL2 specific settings", and "VLAN ID" sections of the official Optus DSL setting with the DSL setting in the Taipan.