Searching...

NBN Connection

Stayboe

Hi. I have recently changed isp from dodo to Optus. It is fibre to node. I have received my modem and have it connected, the activation date was 08/05/19 I am just looking at my order tracking. There is a black circle with a triangle and it displays “Unable to activate service” is this normal or is it going to be a problem?

Re: NBN Connection

petergdownload

Normally you'd expect Optus to follow that up. However you'll need to keep the ball rolling. It does sound like the NBN has struck an issue but exactly what is unknown. You should contact Optus directly and ask them to look into the matter for you.

Peter Gillespie

Ray_YC

Unable to activate service

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Stayboe

Thanks Peter. I ended up contacting them and they said there was a problem but they did not know what it was and would ring me back, which they didn’t. I would say it has something to do with the nbn co. I will leave it for a few days and see if it ends up connecting. It’s a shame they have structured the nbn into two tiers.

petergdownload

AS @Ray_YC suggests, its obviously frustrating where Optus has no direct control over NBN. Technicians are a no show and Optus gets blamed (incorrectly) etc. HOwever I still feel there's a huge amount of ground Optus can improve on. The customer actually has no comercial relationship with NBN. Optus ask NBN to perform a task and NBN are required to let Optus know if its been completed.

In your case an issue has been flagged but Optus has only sat back and waited for you to follow it up. When you do they don't appear to know what the issue is despite it being flagged in their systems. And then they promise to investigate and get back to you and don't. These are comercial and operation decisions Optus makes and IMO they could be improved considerably. But that's up to Optus to decide.

I'm not sure what you mean by two teirs but presumably that NBNCo is a wholesaler and the RSPs (Like Optus) by the internet off them. I'm not sure it could be done any other way really. The initial idea was to continue the status quo and have Telstra build the NBN and continue to sell the internet to all other RSPs as it always has done. Great for Telstra but bad for everybody else. Telstra blew that but is now like all other RSPs and hopefully equal. 

To date NBNCo is more tasked with handling the NBN rollout. Hopefully once that transition is completed and every one migrated then it will become much less painful to switch arounf internet providers and deals.

Good luck with the issue getting resolved.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
14 Kudos