Searching...

NBN Connection

MDANA

We have had NBN for a few months now and have suffered constant drop outs. When operating the speed has not been an issue. Once we have identified the connection has dropped we have to manually unplug and re start the NBN Arris modem and wait for it to re boot. Turning the Opotus Sagemcom modem on or off makes no difference, only when we restart the Arris box do we finally re connect. 

Over the course i have tried taking the Arris box off the splitter with Foxtel and connecting direct to the wall with no improvement. Foxtel has been running without issue through the period so there re no obvious line issues. As mentioned, when it is running the speed is fine. How can we get the NBN to run without interrruption based on this?

Re: NBN Connection

10000000000GB

The Sagemcom thing is a router. The Arris is the bit that encodes for the cable connection.

Can you get into the Arris on IP   http://192.168.100.1/

See if you can find the line sync maximum attainable rate, or somesuch. See if it has a diagnostics page. I know nothing about it, I only learned about it since you posted.

SillyGogo

Tried the 192.168.100.1 but can't login ..just timed out. Have they locked local access recently?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

10000000000GB

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2622675

Well, it's a bit awkward that they have disabled the modem interface, and supplied a separate router, which knows nothing.

It may be a slightly broken modem. Some people have problems with the VDSL2 Sagemcom modems dropping out.

Highlighted

Missrippa

@Optus What's happening with the nbn in wodonga?  We've had no internet that is useable IE fetch TV ETC email.  It's completely useless.  When will it be fixed 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
14 Kudos