cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Connection takes ages to sort out order

Hi,

I want to share my experience with other people on my NBN connection issue.

I signed up with NBN Optus for my new place which is a newly built apartment.

I expressed enough on this new premises which they didn't have address on their system and signed up over the phone.

after 3 days, no emails and information at all so I contacted the team and found there was no order.

They told me it was cancelled as the address was not matching with NBN's registed address but didn't notify me at all.

After that, I put another separate order for the second time and waited another week for connection but what they told me is it will take another 3 days to activate and shipping my modem. One of team member called me up for congratulating me on my activation and told me another wrong address and asked me to wait for his call to sort out things.

This is absolutely poor level of service from one of major carrier in Australia and I wouldn't recommend if you are going to move in to a place didn't have connection before. Just go to some other carrier. Even Belong only takes 3 days to be connected for my preivous place.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN Connection takes ages to sort out order

Now NBN connection is done but the Modem is out of stock and there is no ETA for re-stocking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN Connection takes ages to sort out order

@Nickryde, thanks for reaching out.

We haven't been advised of an NBN modem stock shortage. We were running low on a particular model of mobile broadband modem, I'm not sure if that's led to any confusion.

You're welcome to send us a private message. We need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll be able to track the progress of your delivery. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors