cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor PaulG77
New Contributor

NBN Connection Issues

Hi all,

I recently signed up for the NBN package. Timeline is that the NBN engineer came round on 15th August and did his thing. Optus modem arrived and that is all connected but I have no internet. When I go to my order status Service Activation is pending.

Call Optus twice now and they say that it is NBN's fault as the installation is In Progress. Got in touch with NBN engineer who performed the installation and he said he has done his bit. Seems nobody wants to take responsibility.

Anyone else having the same issue as last guy I spoke to at Optus said this was happening to a lot of customers. You would think that Optus would be screaming at NBN if that was the case as they are not getting a cent out of me until it is up and running.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN Connection Issues

>>not getting a cent out of me until it is up and running.

Fine if you can do that, but most people want data at some point, so you have to put our back into it. Maybe another 20 phone calls might do the trick.

0 Kudos
New Contributor PaulG77
New Contributor

Call number three was made today. Apparently it has been escalated to the HFC activation team at the NBN. How that was not done on call one I have no idea.Guess what....two business days!!!! I appreciate this may not be at the doorstep of Optus but you would like to think that they should have quicker resolutions as we cannot contact NBN directly.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I hope when you get connected, it actually works, and you get a modem that doesn't drop out every day.

0 Kudos
Contributor Mike2345
Contributor

Hi PaulG77,

You mentioned that you could not or had trouble contacting the NBN Co.

Have you tried this page at their site yet?

Hope this helps a tad.

NBN Co > https://www1.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/contact-us-form.html

Good luck.

0 Kudos