Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor SimonG2075
New Contributor

NBN Connection Delays

Has anyone else had lengthy NBN connection delays.

I am currently an Optus Cable customer.  I had had Fiber to the Home installed about 18 months ago.

I received a ‘promo’ in January for 6 months free NBN if I signed up by 28/2/19.

I signed up in Feb and the technician didn’t arrive until May to install the NBN cable and Modem.  Since May I still haven’t been switched over to NBN.  I have called twice and keep getting told it will be done next weekend....

I’m in no major rush as the cable is still working, however, this is extending my tenure with Optus and I’m not getting my 6 months free....

Simon

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN Connection Delays

Hi SimonG2075,

There are examples of delays but going on 8 months now is definitely one of the longer ones I've read on here.

Without knowing the specifics there must be a reason that is preventing it from happen.

Hold on to the record you have of signing up during the promo period and it shouldn't be an issue to have applied once you're finally connected.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SimonG2075
New Contributor

Thanks Ray.

After posting my original comment I spent another hour discussing this with Optus and was told there is no record of me signing up. This is despite me having several sms’s regarding the install, the fact Optus sent me a new wireless router to hook up to the the nbn modem and still having the broucher. I was offered to be ‘re-signed’ but no free period.

I have lodged a complaint.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Geez, I'm at a loss how that could happen. Maybe it was placed in a legacy system which has since been replaced over the period. But still, that shouldn't mean no record at all.

That's understandable, I'm sure there will be a resolution provided.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos