Searching...

NBN Congestion Horrible

AkyraStrike

So I signed up to the 100/40 NBN with Optus Yes TV. I'm in an area with FTTP. For the first few weeks the speed was fantastic, rarely dropping below 60-80mbps down. 

Now, in peak times, it's lucky to go above 10mbps and is regularly 1 to 5mbps down. The upload speed seems constant at 30.

It's so bad in peak times that I can't even watch the fetch tv as it's just constantly freezing and telling me there's an issue with my internet.

Is there nothing I can do to fix this?

Re: NBN Congestion Horrible

kimandlee
you can do one of two things, wait for optus to stop the bs excuses of congestion, and upgrade their infastructure, or, ask for the contract to be cancelled with no exit fee, due to point of sale. they are not delivering what they said they could. failing that. there is the ACCC and the TIO. alot of us are in the same boat. its disgusting i know, sorry couldnt help more.
Highlighted

AkyraStrike

I'll be phoning on Monday to complain and demand compensation or complete disconnection.

10pm on a Saturday night and speedtests show 2mbps on my FTTP 100/40 plan. Completely unacceptable. I wouldn't pay $20 a month for this let alone the $120 Optus are scamming from me.

Gen_R

Morning AkyraStrike - in all honesty it does sound like you're affected by peak time capacity issues and what would help this would be our Networks Team upgrading the capacity of the area. Let us know how you go come Monday when you talk with Tech Support on 131344? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

AkyraStrike

I'll give tech support a chance but I highly doubt they will do anything judging by other threads on here and on whirlpool forums.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
25 Kudos
18 Kudos