Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Marpap
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN Bundle Change

I have had NBN service (fibre to node) for over 6 months and wanted to change to basic speed Optus plan ($60/month). I keep being told that this offer is not vailable at my address, but have not been able to find out the reason. Is it lack of capacity and, if so, is that likel to change.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN Bundle Change

Is your current bundle with Optus? Are you out of contract?

I can' think of any other reason why you would be unable to change

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The $80 plan is faster so obviously the $60 plan can be accomodated.

Buy the sounds of it you are 6 months into a new contract (OPtus often sign you to a new contract when you swich to the NBN)

You can't switch from then $80 to the $60 plan while under contract (only the other way around)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Marpap
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I didn't make it clear that I have been on an NBN plan with another provider for over 6 months and wanted to change to Optus $60- plan. Opus ales officer says that I can't do this at my address. A higher speed is not possible in this area with fibre to the node. I can't  understand why Optus can't provide a similar service to the other provider

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The underlying service is supplied by the NBN. Optus and every other Telco just plug the NBN line in at there end. The $60 Optus plan is the slowest rated plan available on the NBN (its a legal requirement that every NBN line reach this speed). I assume you're getting 10 Mbps roughly now?

Whatever speed you are getting that won't change going to Optus. They may be worried that the line is rated below 12 Mbps MAX (The ACCC recently arrange refunds for thousands paying for plans that never got close to speeds advertised). You can tell any sales person that you are aware you may get less than 12 and are happy to proceed on that basis. Also the fact you're already getting speed XMbps should help.

Ultimately you can't force Optus to sell you the internet, but I'd have another go and find out whay exactly your already connected to the NBN house can't connect to the NBN with Optus.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos