Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Bullies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN Broadband buffering or not giving me HD quality

I have Optus Broadband and according to speed test have an excellent connection.

Ping: 6 ms Download: 106 Mbps and Upload: 38 Mbps

Why do streaming videos and Optus Premiere League often buffer on my PC and Sony TV? 

I expect HD quality, but the buffering sometimes makes watching impossible.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: NBN Broadband buffering or not giving me HD quality

Hi @ BULLIES - apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The Optus Sport stream is currently brought to devices in 720p. If you have a Fetch TV box, the quality can be upscaled to 1080p.

Optus Sport is delivered using Adaptive Bitrate Streaming technology at a resolution of up to 720p. Note that the use of other internet applications on the same internet connection at the same time may cause a degradation in video quality. Streaming quality is dependent on your device and service provider and on the speed of your internet connection.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Bullies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aman_YC, That did not really answer the underlying question about buffering.
I stream Optus Premiere League through the Fetch box, Optus is my service provider, I have the highest available broadband plan and an excellent connection. Both the computer and the Sony TV should be able to handle streaming in HD. Admittedly the problem does not happen with all steaming services, but concerts on Medici.Tv for example default to 480P OR buffer, making them hardly watchable.
0 Kudos
Kristy_YC

Thanks for getting back to us and helping us understand the issue. In this case, are you able to send us a PM on Facebook/ Twitter as we'd like to take a closer look for you? 

0 Kudos
Bullies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Kristy,  Will try your suggestion and mark this question as having been resolve for now. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors