cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Black Box

I have no black NBN box in the property, only the new modem. How do I obtain another one? Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN Black Box

The need for an NBN box depends on the NBN type designated for your address. Go here and enter your address and see what it says for technology type. If it says FTTN or FTTB there is no need for an NBN box and you just follow the instruction brochure that came with the Optus Sagemcom modem.

What type of NBN type do you have?

Have you received an email/SMS from Optus saying that your NBN connection has been activated?

0 Kudos

Re: NBN Black Box

Hey @Matthew, do you have an active service? In order for the NBN box to be installed an order will need to be in progress or completed. I would recommend having a chat to our Sales Team whom will be able to advise further and have this arranged for you. Our teams are reachable via our 24/7 Messenger service on the Optus App

I would also recommend having a look at our NBN options available at the moment, currently we have a promotion going on where the start up fee is waived. This offer is valid till 17/01/21 with terms and conditions applied. 

Excited to have you apart of the Optus Family 🙂