cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Arris modem replaced, no internet access on router

I had an back end NBN configuration issue. When tech came part of diagnostics was putting a new modem in. Didn’t fix the issue but the new modem was left. NBN sorted the config issue so all lights are steady on the Arris. My Optus router has no internet light. Do Optus need to change something as my NBN modem serial number and MAC ID are different? It is still logged as NBN fault but I’m convinced they are going to return and tell me it’s now an Optus issue
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN Arris modem replaced, no internet access on router

G'day @Archertiger13 , any luck with this one?

We can run a remote test on the Arris modem, that'll tell us the MAC address of the Optus supplied modem that's plugged into the Arris modem. 

This is something our Tech support team should do as their very first troubleshooting step. 

The serial and MAC address should be updated once we've received a successful delivery notification from Toll. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN tech has arrived and instantly said this is an Optus issue. I wanted tech support to remote test on Saturday instead they were adamant NBN had not fixed the problem. My Optus router hasn’t changed so shouldn’t need updating. Will find out when I unfortunately have to call them again
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Frustrating I'm sure, archertiger13. Please keep us posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have a new router being sent out for Optus tech this Friday. Hoping that sorts it out. Though I now know the answer to my initial questions is no, nothing needs to be updated by Optus if NBN modem is switched out. Might need to check what stock techs are using on install. Turns out my Optus supplied router is way outdated but my NBN only started 3 months ago so it should never have been used. Seems the failure of the router has caused all the issues.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors