cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Arris CM8200 modem dropping out and rebooting.

NBN Arris CM8200 modem keeps dropping out and rebooting, occurs more frequently if using the phone. Problem has been for about 2 weeks, however in the 2 weeks we have had days of very windy weather, but that could be just a coincidence. This is so frustrating and annoying. Any suggestions please.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN Arris CM8200 modem dropping out and rebooting.

Report the problem to Optus. As you have HFC its almost certainly an overhead cable, and that will definitely get buffeted around by high winds. So with might be a loose connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Gazza_s, certainly not what you want to be going through after setting that NBN Up. Have you been able to check through our NBN Slow Speeds and Dropouts guide? If not we recommend running through that to rule out any of those general issues. 

The weather could certainly play an impact also @Gazza_s but not something you would usually see consistent drop outs unless there was an impact to the hardware. It's also worth checking out the Network Status Page as we will list all scheduled Maintenance or ongoing outages here firstly. 

If none of that helps at all though, please reach out to us via the My Optus App. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply Rob. I have had the Optus NBN for over 12 months now, with no problems until Feb this year, in which the Arris modem was replaced with a similar type problem, all fine since, up until about 3 weeks ago when this current problem presented itself.. Incoming and outgoing phone calls last about 20 seconds before the modem drops and reboots, while internet only, dropouts are random. Reset modem and done all of the checks, problem still exists. I will redo all of the check, failing that, I will need help from the help desk. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Rob, contacted instant chat, problem now solved, I did not expect the response to be so quick. Thanks again for the heads up,
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries @Gazza_s, that's great to hear. If you end up having other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us again.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors