Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Arris CB8200B NTD drop-out

Hi Yes Crowd. My NBN drops out with increasing frequency it seems (it dropped out while I was writing this post!). There is no warning, just no internet available to anyone's device. The lights on the Arris NTD and the Netgear router are normal. Then if I wait for 5 minutes, the NTD restarts and everything goes back to normal again. If I want the internet back more quickly I just have to re-power on the NTD.  It's a bit frustrating when I work from home, and it drives the boys insane when they are playing Minecraft. 

From what I have read so far this can take a long time to resolve, so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers...terencino

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN Arris CB8200B NTD drop-out

First thing that comes to mind is a faulty NTD but the only way you'll get confirmation and a resolution is to call Optus. It could be an issue with their equipment of NBN's so they may need to send one of their own technicians out or book one in with NBN. 

Or if you're lucky they may be able to fix it remotely with you over the phone

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos