Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NBN_WOES
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN Almost always drops out

Any body facing problems with optus NBN and what about customer support are you guys getting through the lines.

I cant even chat to anybody on the site.I mean technical support chat. Only sales chat are open. What has happened to customer service?

12 Replies
Haileyb82
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN Almost always drops out

Have the same problem at my house. Since we got the NBN we've had nothing but issues. Weve called and gotten through a few times and have I been told its the modem, reset it. I'll be calling again soon and demanding someone come and check the line that links to our home since when it was first installed we had to have them come out 2 more times to fix a problem with their installation and the other to make the cables more safe as they left sage exposed and hanging low enough for our kids and animals to hang themselves. 

Keep trying. The people on the phone arent always that bad. Its just the luck of the draw.

Scratch99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same issue here, I work from home and get the constant drop-out from my work connection which loses the work i am halfway through and requires a restart every time.

It has made WFH impossible.

2 weeks onto NBN and i am thnking of getting off and just usng mobile broadband

0 Kudos
JohnnyLom
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mate

You might as well bang your head against a wall

Ever since I got the NBN my life has been a nightmare

Just give me back my old cable any time

Hannah-L
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @NBN_WOES, sorry to hear you were having trouble with your NBN connection on Friday. Is it back up and running since you posted here? For future reference, details of unplanned outages are posted here.

0 Kudos
marcus10
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same problem. Have a drop out at least once a day. Resetting the modem makes the problem go away. 

We have no need for a splitter so it is not that.

0 Kudos
Hannah-L
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @marcus10, I'm sorry to hear this. Have you been in touch with our Tech Support team yet?

0 Kudos
NBN_WOES
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Its keep dropping out cant work from home with that connection

0 Kudos
NBN_WOES
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

One of the worst customer service Ihave experienced 

0 Kudos
NBN_WOES
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I get to work because I dont have internet and the Tech support team wants me to go back home. I did that in the past and the internet has never worked. They cant fix the issues but want you to travel back from work to home so that they can run some tests. Completely unprepared to service the products.

0 Kudos