cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Grilla
New Contributor

NBN Address Error

Hi

Be ready for a confusing one.

I've just moved in to a newly built home on a block of land that has been subdivided into three units. Previously the street address was 11, after subdivision the units are listed as 11A, 11B and 11C. In NBN Co's database however the service connections are incorrectly listed as 11, 11A and 11B, where only connections 11 and 11A are currently serviceable.

The front house (11A) has had their NBN connected to service 11A. My house (11B) has been having trouble with Optus and NBN Co regarding installation. The house has been wired for NBN, and a technician came to the house a couple weeks back to install an external NBN box. When the technician organised by Optus came to do the internal installation, he refused as the work order was listed as 11. NBN Co told us we could connect to service 11 and have Optus change the name of the address. When we told Optus we were told there is nothing we can do as 11B in NBN Co's system is listed as unservicable (even though this is likely the rear property 11C).

I have now put through a request for a missing address (as recommended by NBN Co), however I feel this will hit the roadblock of 11B appearing in the system as unserviceable.

What can I do? Stuck between a rock and a hard place of corporate systems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN Address Error

Optus won't be your friend in this case. You need to go through the NBN for address issues so you've done the right thing. Alternatively, you could always look at another provider. I've heard Optus are one of the only providers that won't work with the NBN on address issues, where as TPG and Telstra will

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Grilla
New Contributor

Thanks Sam

I thought that might be the case. I've worked through the whole issue with NBN Co and they've ensured me that an RSP should be capable to sort this out. I have to wait 3 business days (this wednesday) to hear back about my recent missing address request. If this doesn't work out then I'll most definitely be looking at different providers.

At the moment all I can do is wait and hope I get internet within 10 business days of this wednesday.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Good luck! If you're needing an NTD sounds like you'll be FTTP so at least the type of internet will be good!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors