cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Activation issue.

Hi, so I've got my NBN on the 10/4/17 (yesterday), only thing that needed to be changed was some cabling and an Telstra wall outlet (Since I was a previous OPTUS HFC customer). Got my NBN connection box working with all 4 green lights (not flashing) and my supplied modem with all of the lights green. But im getting "No internet Access" since my account hasn't been activated for the NBN yet. Can someone help me please?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN Activation issue.

Your not alone! I've been waiting for activation since Feb. Called Optus, called NBN, tried Live chat and posting on here. We're still not actvated! 

Seems to be happening to a lot of people! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same problem. Reasearched on line this is a national issue. HFC is a major problem for nbn. Many customers offline for extended periods after changing over. myself included. Neighbour connected yesterday. Same issue..     still waiting for a solution a month later.   

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been waiting for NBN activation since 19/5 when the technican came and installed and advised NBN would be up and running in the next 24 hours. Many followup call to Optus and chatted with NBN with no result so far.. very disappointing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear this @DamDek, has anyone been able to advise the cause of the delay?

Feel free to send me your order number, full name and DOB in a PM so I can have a look.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same issue with 4 solid green lights and no upstream/downstream line rate despite having an Optus IP allocated within the router status. Any Optus rep able to assist?

Activation occured yesterday, hopefully we won't be waiting a month like some.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @SLiew,

Thanks for taking the time to PM us. I've picked up your PM and replied there.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Nam. Have replied to you but not heard anything since.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

whilst you seem to be waiting for nbn activation, I on the other hand am being bullied by Optus to change over from Broadband Cable immediately or they will disconnect my service. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors