cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN 5GHZ Band Problem

Have just had optus technician install and connect Wi-Fi to NBN. 5 devices have connected to both Wi-Fi signals 4 and 5 GHZ but one , galaxyA20 phone (10 months old) would not pick up the 5GHz network. I have tried adding this network to that phone manually , without success. Any suggestions other than have the phone replaced. It is still under warranty.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

According the specs on the Samsung au site https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-a20-a205/ the A20 is "802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz"; i.e. no 5GHz interface. You have to go upwards one model in the range - A30 - to get WiFi  ac.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

A short update for those that use a FAST5366TN-A with a Windows 10 client with Intel 9560 chipset.

Change the Intel 9560 driver setting from "auto" to 20Mhz.  For some reason between the two they get confused and start dropping packets...

Unclear as to which end has the issue but the change makes the connection stable, although slow.

ref: #22751915

0 Kudos