cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Garyandrenee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN 100 / 40 now running at NBN 100 / 5 !!!

For the past few weeks upload speed has dramatically dropped to just 5 Mbps when I pay for speed pack 4 (40 Mbps )

NBN says link works fine and tested at 118 / 44 !!

Well that's fine and dandy but when connecting the Ethernet cable direct to the laptop to the NCD ( bypassing the modem ) no change on upload at 5 Mbps.

So Optus, where's the bottle neck and sounds like the link has been throttled back somewhere in Optus infrastructure.

Appreciate some resolution to this before this heads to the Ombudsman. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN 100 / 40 now running at NBN 100 / 5 !!!

This isn't the place to ask. Unfortunately upload speeds are much less regulated. First thing to check is just what you are paying for. Optus no longer offer 40Mbps upload on most normal plans. The most you can usually expect is around 15Mbps. Confirm that you are regularly sitting at 5bps (or if that's just the lowest you've recorded)

You might like to look around as there are other providers offering 100/40 plans.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @Garyandrenee, thank you for raising this issue.

Can you please confirm if you have  restarted your ,modem since? If the speeds are still slow, please also check for possible network works here → Click here.

Please refer to our Email Help & Support page for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Garyandrenee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes done all the usual resets, restarts, even swapped the NCD as I had a spare one.

Interestingly I used to get upload of between 30 - 37Mbps upto a few weeks ago but has since dropped dramatically.

Sounds like the plan has changed so I'll take up with Optus. 

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hmm..it's quite strange to hear it has been changed @Garyandrenee. Do you recall any specific changes that you made? 

Best thing to do is call up or message our team here and they can always check this for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Garyandrenee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep it's strange, no changes made this end as it has been so stable with no issues.

Going to try the NCD on a different outlet to see if there is any change.

My understanding is NBN test only to the DPU in the pit on the street.

Cheers

Gary 

0 Kudos
Garyandrenee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Good news,

Fixed and resolved by NBN Tech's.

Config issue I think on the DPU.

Now back to upload speeds around 35Mbps.

Top Contributors