Searching...
Highlighted

NBN 100/40 connection running at 8/10 during peak hours - Stirling north SA 5710

TezzaP

Hi,  

What does a person have to do to get some service.   Over the past month i have noticed my connection getting slower and slower (have a small vmware environment servicing family business)  now my internet is getting that slow during 4-11pm daily that even my fetch TV stops working and advises lack of bandwidth.

For the past week i have been conducting speed tests to try and average out my speed for a given hour and it fluctates around 95/35mb from 7am - 10 where it drops to around 75/35mb then goes backup to about 80/35 mb after lunch till 4pm where it drops to 50/25 and progressivly gets slower to where at 7pm i get no m ore than 8/10mb out of the connection.   Thats a 90 percent reduction.     This has only been like this for the past month

I contacted Tech support who started to tell me all about how i should recycle my router as its been up for 3 days.   He told me no works had been scheduled and basicly pushed it back on me.    I told him I am a server tech and this is what i do please escalate this as it is an issue.  I provided him with the data i had thus far collected.   i was put on hold for 10min and he came back and advised there was works occuring but he didnt knwo what or when it would finish.  He asked for my phone number so they could sms me when works were complete.     I asked what the works were and who was conducting them he couldnt tell me .   I made the point that i was paying for something and only recieving 10 percent of it when it could use it.      I was told thats how it is and deal with it .. the connection still works.   I asked him again to escalate this issue and he would not.  he said he would put me onto his supervisor and I was cut off.   

Some will say well its ok the rest of the time but im at work or asleep the rest of the time.  I need it during those hours for remote work with my job and study  

ive raised a TIO complaint as i refuse to deal with people such as that.    anyone else in my area got simular issues?

im really not happy with this service !!!

Re: NBN 100/40 connection running at 8/10 during peak hours - Stirling north SA 5710

JuicyCreative

Congestion issue, i have the same thing, no idea when they will upgrade their servers, and guess what they wont reduce our bill.. 

Re: NBN 100/40 connection running at 8/10 during peak hours - Stirling north SA 5710

Hannah-L

Hey @TezzaP, I'm so sorry to hear about this experience. Smiley Sad Can you please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and account number so that we can take a look at your connection?

Tofamily01

Hi Hannah-L,

Can you also please check my connection?

I've PMed you my details.

Cheers.

Hannah-L

Sure thing @Tofamily01, I'll take a look. Smiley Happy

artie_b

This company's service is the worst I've ever seen , from the Indian call centers to the rubbish connection speeds. I was with iinet in Drouin 3818, in a new estate for 2 years ran beautiful speeds of up to 97mbps all day and night. Then the nbn came to the rest of the town and got slower and slower so I changed to Optus as I thought it had great offers...boy was I wrong been with them now for a few months and since the start of feb the speed is now about 3-5 Mbps. It's gotta to be the worst decision I made even iinet was better and cheaper and had a better modem(at least you can change the DNS servers) I think it's time to call the ombudsmen since Optus only tell you crap over the phone. 

Hannah-L

Hey @artie_b, we certainly don't want you to regret your decision to switch to us. Smiley Sad Can you please PM me with your full name, DOB and account number so that we can take a look into this issue for you?

mandela

I feel you pain. As I'm experiencing the same slow speeds with high pings (100ms) i souldn't even watch NBA on Espn (Fetch TV) without singals droppiing out. So i had to turn the Fetch Tv off as it keeps on saying i have low bandwidth too. After being on hold for 30-40 mins on the phone to some tech guy in India i was told there was an upgrade going on in my area. Now i know that was total bs because my Sister live across the road from me and she got a decent connection without any issue. 

So yeah please tell us the truth Optus and get your servers sorted. You can't charge for the service that you are incapable of providing. I'm seriously thinking of switching to Telstra now. 

corbsp

Hi Hannah-L.

Would appreciate if you could also check my connection at Mt Annan NSW 2567. Excellent speed offpeak but that drops 80/90% in evening and weekend peak. My 25/5 mbs plan becomes that slow at peak times that Fetch TV streaming is not possible. I assume that there is a band width deficiency with this fttn service.

I have PMed you my personal details.

TezzaP

My neighbour across the road has perfect internet also .. I saw a good descritption on another thread about this situation and the author beleives this wont be fixed until after jun 1st.   have a read of this and make your own mind up as this is what requires upgrading not a server as they keep telling everyone   http://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/media-centre/media-releases/New-CVC-pricing-model-to-d...

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
89 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos