Searching...

Re: Nba buffering

Alistar

Not good to hear, we've raised this with NBA Support but no direct answer as of yet.

It seems to be happening to a few people but only to NSW it seems...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/NBA-League-Pass-Buffering/td-p/504320/highlight/true/page/2

We have a few people in the office here in Melbourne who have the pass and apart from the odd buffer seems to run smoothly but better on desktop than mobile device.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

reyrea

Hi Ronmoth...we are in the same boat. Has there been a time you did NOT have these issues since getting Optus NBN. It looks like we are not the one ones having the same issue which means Optus NBN has never worked well with NBA league pass. I am switching asap.

Shauno89

Yep I've got the same problem that has become extremely frustrating. Ever since we've had NBN through optus the NBA League Pass quality has got worse now to a point that its almost unwatchable. Also like others have posted Netflix ect works fine

Johnjohnh

I’m had the same problem for a while, very frustrating. I have cable and the bandwidth should be more than sufficient to handle it. Never gets there and I have it connected via Ethernet, WiFi is no better.

Herb23

Thanks hopefully they find the root cause soon. I'm burning through my Vodafone mobile data to stream games through Xmas. 

Herb23

Thanks hopefully they find the root cause soon. I'm burning through my Vodafone mobile data to stream games through Xmas. 

sam66

Well I'm on non NBN HFC cable in Brisbane and have this issue with NBA league pass. Live games during the day are fine but on demand at night have become unwatchable - quality drops and buffering.

sam66

I'm on non NBN HFC cable in Brisbane and have this issue with NBA league pass. Live games during the day are fine but on demand at night have become unwatchable - quality drops and buffering. Netflix & YouTube no issues. Spoke to league pass tech support and they couldn't find any issues at their end. Definitely an Optus issue. Previous years have been average at night but this year is by far the worst. Will be leaving Optus if this isn't resolved.

reyrea

Hi Sam66...i am still having the same issues that you have. I am now cancelling my Optus NBN and going back to my previous provider which has never had these issues ever since I signed up with them. It is not worth the stress of troubleshooting with Optus or NBA League Pass. I have also proven through this forum that it is a known Optus NBN problem given the multiple cases that has been reported. I only switched due to the "Unlimited Data" that Optus NBN was offering but i think it also proves that their services are limited in other ways.

sam66

Having League Pass over the years with Optus it has always performed below average at night. This season however, is the first time that it just doesn't work. During the day it's fine for live games. Being on Optus cable, the transition to NBN doesn't look like it will make any difference. This is an Optus issue and they need to fix it.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos