Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

Hi guys,

For those still experiencing NBA issues, no matter what the connection type, please send an e-mail to *expired* with the following details:

Networks have asked for at a minimum: 

• Username or Mobile Number
  • IP address
  • Time & Date of impact
  • Details of the game(s) watched including whether Live or VOD replay
  • A speed test result at the time of the issue

Once received, I'll likely be the messenger between the two parties working towards a resolution.

Update: This issue is now considered resolved. Networks have completed extensive testing over the off season and the start of the current season and there are no incidents of any universal problems for streaming NBA League Pass live or on demand via any connection or device. Customer complaints for this season have been very minimal which also support these findings.

For any customers who do have an ongoing issue, please contact Optus directly to complete troubleshooting and if required to have a fault ticket logged, which can also be done online here or here ensuring you provide the above information. I recommend doing a complete check of your connection setup and trying other connection types/devices before contacting Optus as you will be asked to do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Jarryy92
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Nba buffering

i am currently watching the all star game and it is so frustrating, it is almost unwatchable. games take considerably longer to watch due to every ten second buffering. disappointed doesnt begin to describe.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Jarryy92,

That is disappointing. Hopefully you can catch the replay on ESPN later.

Confirming my last response in November, we haven't had a complaint about NBA League Pass buffering on the Optus network this entire season unlike the dozens of complaints the previous season. I was able to watch it without issue.

Suggestion would be to go through the various troubleshooting mentioned earlier and if still needed, to contact Optus technical support directly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Jajt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

My thoughts are the issue hasn't resolved users just get frustrated at the lack of support. If the problem has been solved for other users then surely that fix can just apply to everyone elses problem. Its seems there must be someone at Optus that knows what the problem is. I have previously done as asked and the techs can't fix it. Surely there is an expert in this problem that we can go straight to. It seems ridiculous to reinvent the wheel when it seems the answer to the problem is already known. Can you direct me to someone who has experience in this problem. I am getting no help! 

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @jait, its certainly not great to see you feel this way. I can certainly understand how buffering can affect a viewing experience and this is certainly not what we want for you. We are more than happy to check your connection and get this restored as soon as possible.  

I have just checked the engagement around Optus Sport and can see there don't seem to be any pending issues impacting customers regarding long standing buffering- so considering you are still having issues, it may suggest that your concern was an isolated matter. Your modem may be adjusting to restorations.  By any chance, have you Troubleshooted your connection as of yet? Give those a shot and see how you go.

Just so we are on the same page as well, Optus Sport no longer carries NBA passes - were you referring to the Premier League? If this was the case, I have just tested my own login on both the OS App as well as  through a browser testing replays and have managed to get through fine. I have also checked in with our Content Teams whom also have no reports of buffering as well. 

Should you continue to have issues after troubleshooting, I would also recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to look into your services and advise further. Our teams are available 24/7 via the Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
reyrea
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Jajt...if you can't get out of Optus NBN...only option is to stream NBA LEAGUE pass via 4G...not really sure how this issue is still happening after years and of time to resolve...good luck
0 Kudos
Jajt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tuong, Thanks for the response. No. The issue on this thread relates to buffering of the nba league pass on optus internet. Nothing to do with optus sport. The issues described reflect my problem exactly. The resolution of this issue must therefore be available somewhere.

Hey Reyrea, Thanks for the best wishes and suggestion. Yep, seems strange to me that after 25 pages of interaction with the community they would be able to easily solve the issue. I'll let you know how I go!

0 Kudos
Loz50
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey all.. just so have you a full view, I was having the issue all the time 2 years ago but the last two seasons have been fine. I’d advise you to follow Optus instructions in terms of debugging, or just switch providers
Top Contributors