Searching...

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

sam66

traceroute to e8017.dscg.akamaiedge.net (104.67.237.43), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets NOT nbanlds119vod.akamaized.net

d1g5

Hey @Ray_YC 

Which email do I send the new info to? My initial complaint (sent to enquiries@optus.com.au over 3 weeks ago) was never responded to, so I don't have a fault ticket to attach to the email. 

I had to follow up by calling Optus myself and (after waiting on hold for almost an hour!) they told me the highest-level escalation team had my complaint, and they would be calling me the next day. 

That was a week ago and I still haven't received the call back. So I still don't have a fault ticket... 

Ray_YC

Hi @d1g5 

It's a long thread so I don't blame you for missing this on Page 6:

What you need to do:

Please send me a PM to confirm you are still having this issue. If so I'll need to grab some of your account details (internet type, internet username, state you live in) and contact number and will log a fault ticket for each of you and staple it to the existing main one. 

From there I will ask to you to please run a trace route to watch.nba.com during the time the buffering happens and e-mail a text copy of these results through with the fault ticket number which I'll provide you with once I have your details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

Update/Request from Networks:

Networks have asked to run a fresh trace route to nbanlds119vod.akamaized.net (instead of watch.nba.com) and advise of the date and time that it was run (again, ideally during a time in the evening that if buffers).

Please e-mail these results with your fault ticket number as the subject line.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

andyman23
Hi @Ray_YC any update on this? I have run my tracert during the buffering for NBA League Pass. Can I send it to you?

Ray_YC

Hi @andyman23

No worries, hold onto the trace route results and please PM me the other info as advised above (service details, contact number, etc.)

Krisitie_KAQ

Hey mate, 

I've been going throught the forum thread regarding NBA League Pass & difficutly with Bufferin Speeds... I have been experieicning the same issue since we've joined Optus.  This is not a problem I've had with my previous Service Provider!  Since joining Optus, I have only been able to watch 2 complete games... I was watching 2-3 games a day.  The app cost approx $300 for the year & I haven't been able to use it appropriately.

I've contacted Optus 3 times regarding this situation, have been on the phone for over an hour each time & am still no closer to having a solution.  

What steps do I need to take to watch NBA League Pass in the quickest, most efficient way possible?  We are very close to switiching providers as our current contract with Optus has expried. 

Cheers, 

Kyle 

Ghossst

Solutions. 

Watch games between 10am to 3pm. I do this when I can work from home. 

Use a vpn. I do this, I’m on 100mbps cable

Change ur dns. I haven’t tried this. 

Download ads the games via ios app. Takes about 10min to download 2GB. 

move to a different provider if you can. I can’t until nbn comes on May the 15th. 

rac-00p

Hi Ray,

I'm having the same problem as everone else - have been since last year.

About to move my whole family - 5 mobiles, internet, everything to a different provider - I dont want to, everything else about Optus is OK.  But the most important use of Internet is NBA.  

Seems like apretty basic issue Optus should be dealing with.

Please let me know asap whether it's worth me pursuing this, logging a fault etc etc - or shouild I just change providers now?

Cheers

[ Edited ]
sam66

I'd change providers as this has been with Optus techs for months. It isn't getting resolved. This plus the terrible NBN modem they provide is enough to lose this customer of 20 years. Once the 6 months of free service (HFC to NBN deal) is up I'm gone. I can watch the finals on ESPN via Fetch.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos