cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor natetha68
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

Done. I’ve also told Optus that if the issue isn’t solved by the end of this week I’ll be contacting TIO and seeking a release from my contract. Following that, I’ll be migrating all of my mobile services from Optus elsewhere as those contracts expire. 

I suggest anyone facing this issue does the same. They simply don’t care. 

This is so poor from Optus. They can see that this is a widespread and ongoing issue, and all they can do is send us customer support reps to log individual cases. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor KB12345
Occasional Contributor

Absolutely pathetic service by optus. I have 100mbit cable and not only that but I can't play ps4 fifa online because the lag is so bad. Between that and not being able to watch nba league pass and I'm paying for a 100mbit cable conneciton is beyond a joke. My mate who has 1.4mb tpg adsl2 can stream NBA and has x10 better connection playing fifa online than me. 4 weeks until I can get NBN at my place. Everyone if you're with optus NBN leave them straight away. Aussie broadband has 50/20 unlimited for $59 the first 6 months then $79 a month after that. What optus are offering as a service is so pathetic that the only way they are going to change is if people leave them.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Azza123
New Contributor

Im having the same issues with nba streaming through optus 4G and cant get nbn yet. Since ive had optus for 1 week the nba has been buffering horribly. Will be taking this up with optus immediately. Im getting 40mbps and doesnt stream nba. Everything else is fine

Not good enough optus.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Confirming watching Bulls Hawks right now on a Telstra connection, and it is very very good. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

To all new viewers of this thread,

Please be sure to read all of our posts, this way you can see the steps that we have taken this far and where we are up to.

Also can anyone expericing issues please check out Twitter, we seem to be having a little traction there. The more people jumping on this the better.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
New Contributor interwebs87
New Contributor

having to watch sixers vs gsw on my mobile connections (Telstra) so angry optus, as soon as 5g is up (Telstra) im out

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

A quick note to reassure that I haven't forgotten about you, there just unfortunately hasn't been any worthwhile updates to provide you with. The latest is the Networks team is still in back and forth discussions with Level 2 support for Akamai (web server for NBA).

My own sad workaround of watching games in the Macca's carpark using Bunnings/Maccas WiFi looks to be a no go now because it cuts out after an hour and won't pop up as an available connection on my second phone. So it's forced my hand to go the VPN route over the weekend and last night it worked perfectly as I was able to watch my Jazz come from 17 points down in the 4th to beat the Bucks from the comfort of my own home. So in hindsight I should have done that months ago!

I completely understand each of your frustration and anger but thought I would share a solution. I'll continue to update this thread accordingly and do my best to see this issue resolved.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ghossst
Occasional Contributor

Yep. VPN works great. A little bit slow to start up due to increased ping but once it start it doesn’t stop. I’m too lazy to set up vpn on my router so I can only watch it on my computer. No chromecast etc here. Nbn will be available in May. 2 more months of this before I move to Aussie broadband. 

Occasional Contributor

Sure, the VPN may work great, but, damn... League pass is like $300 a year, and now we’re going to have to fork out another $150 for a VPN? Pardon me if I don’t think that’s really an acceptable solution at this point. 

Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

Yeah exactly what @natetha68 said. Besides we already had established that using an alternate DNS or VPN would eliminate things. 

The point is, that we pay Optus exspensive contracts so we can pick up our device and use the net. Besides it’s not like we’re asking to stream division basketball from Afghanistan, it’s the NBA.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors