cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor d1g5
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

Thanks for the email address Utah. I have sent my complaint and details through. This is really beyond the joke - 3 months on and no solution whatsoever. 

I have given them 2 more weeks to solve the issue or I am switching to another ISP. I suggest everyone else give Optus the same ultimatum. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Herb23
Occasional Contributor

I'm still having the same issues and by the sounds of it everyone else is aswell. I have lodged a complaint previously with the telecommunications ombudsman and will be asking for a full credit next time optus call me and also to release me from my contract. Sick and tired of the buffering and not getting what I paid for. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor natetha68
Occasional Contributor

Just adding to this thread. I’ve spent the last two days sending very terse communications to NBA League Pass about the poor quality of their streaming service, and then I come across this thread. Seriosuly, Optus, this is absolute rubbish. I upgraded my service from your crappy ADSL2 to wireless (as NBN isn’t available in my area), and went from about 4mbps download speeds up to 150mbps download speed, however this has not improved the experience in any way whatsoever. If I had have known that Optus was the issue, I would have gone with another provider... alas, I signed a 2 year contract, so I’m kinda stuck with this trash. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It’s been an ongoing issue all season, and frankly, your inability, or unwillingness to fix it is disgusting. Literally every other streaming service is fine - Netflix, Stan, YouTube, they’re all fine. NBA, however, is a sputtering mess. Could it be that it’s in competition with your fetch TV? Or could there be some dodgy backroom stuff going on with Kayo to make League Pass so horrible we’re forced to use these other services? If so, I’m pretty sure that’s illegal in Australia... if not illegal, it’s highly unethical. It needs to be fixed, or we will be migrating all of our services from Optus to literally anywhere else, and seeking to be released from our internet contract as you are not providing the service as advertised. FIX THIS NOW. 

Tags (3)
Contributor sam66
Contributor

I think this is fast becoming #floptus MkII and would make good story for the Aussie media that love to bash big telcos. First the World Cup now the NBA.

0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

Guys,

I’ve done what @sam66 has suggested and sent a tweet to Ben Graham, @bengrahamjourno and Jai Bednall, @jaibednall both from news.com.au. Ben wrote a few articles around the Optus World Cup coverage and Jai is an NBA fan.

I suggest we all do the same and maybe we may gain some traction. The Playoffs are coming around quick.

Contributor sam66
Contributor

'Make customers unhappy, you will be sacked': Optus CEO blasts staff https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/make-customers-unhappy-you-will-be-sacked-optus-ceo-blasts...

Contributor

And yet four months with nothing done.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Vandering
New Contributor

Can somebody from Optus confirm whether they have purchased a subscription from NBA and tested on their network? 

I'm happy to create a GoFundMe page and get you guys an account so hopefully we can have this resolved once and for all.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor natetha68
Occasional Contributor

Imagine screwing up the World Cup so badly, and then allowing this to happen. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

All,

I’ve sent a few tweets to the above journalists and and also to Optus. I few people on this thread have liked or Retweeted my comments. It would be good if everyone that was having the issues could do the same or send out their own tweets. We need people power behind this.

Look me up on Twitter   Utah_Gimme_Two

0 Kudos