Searching...

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

Utah_Get_Me_Two

It ain’t getting fixed......, We all need to accept this fact and realise that Optus simply don’t care. They’re not grateful to have  us as customers.

They know that they, Optus, are the only network provider in my area to have a cable service. Where am I going to go? Optus couldn’t careless.

Utah_Get_Me_Two
TWITTER 

Jan 10

Hey, apologies for any inconvenience here. This is a known issue and is being investigated by our TV and Content team. Although there is no ETR on this jut yet, we are working as quickly as possible to resolve this for you and our other affected customers - Chloe

Hilarious - “we are working as quickly as possible”

Utah_Get_Me_Two

2:49pm

Optus Msg: We're still working on fault: 20494671 and will keep you updated. You can call us 24/7 on 131344 or visit Optus.com.au/faults-hub

d1g5

I’ve had the same issue reported here since the start of this NBA season (October 2018). I can stream live games during the day in perfect quality, but at night it is impossible to stream League Pass on Apple TV or Mac via ethernet - it freezes and buffers constantly to the point where I have given up.

I have fibre to the premises NBN and get an average of 90/35 Mbps speeds in the evening. All other streaming services (Netflix, YouTube, Optus Sport etc) stream in perfect HD every night. Until I found this thread today, I was convinced there was a problem with the NBA’s own servers and have written them angry complaints about it.

Now I find out Optus has known about the issue for 4 months, and still hasn’t managed to fix it?!?! NBA is the #1 reason I’m paying for top speed NBN, and it has been completely unwatchable the whole season. Will Optus compensate me the $300 I’ve wasted on this year’s League Pass subscription?

There is a huge NBA community in Australia and, by the looks of it, Optus clearly doesn’t want our business. Get your act together and fix this issue ASAP, or you will lose me and many more customers.

sam66

Welcome to the club. Yep 4 months and no resolution and none likely at this rate. Top 3 supported league in the world and Optus can’t provide proper access. Thank God I support the Knicks. 

Chris86

Just wondering how you went about getting the bills waved? Cheers.

reyrea

In my case, I was not able to get rid of the 2 months service fee that I had to suffer with not watching NBA games at all with Optus NBN. They will argue that their service works for other internet websites. However, I was able to waive the breach of contract fee of $550 just because I signed up for a 24 month contract.

Please...bite the bullet...and move on to another NBN provider. I cannot imagine you guys not being able to watch games properly. Playoffs is 20 games away. That would be a worse situation.

[ Edited ]
Utah_Get_Me_Two

Optus advised me that there would be no cancellation fee if I was to opt out of my contract and switch to another serveice provider. I luckily have this in writing via a screenshot as the transcript of the online conversation never made it to my email address. 

An Optus Care Team member has waved my last two bills and provided me with a free 50GB 4G modem. If the 50GB of data is to run out Optus will top it up free of charge. This is totally useless as the problem still occurs across the Optus 4G network.

***** PLEASE READ*****

I suggest we all bombard the Optus Tech Team with our complaints, as this issue is clearly not being taken seriously.

Email complaints and and links to this yescrowd page to.

We are not being taken seriously. 

[ Edited ]
Chris86

Done. I've asked for reimbursement and waving of cancellation fee (it if comes to that). 

Utah_Get_Me_Two

All,

I Just received a call form the Optus Care team member (who I have to say is a nice person) that the network team is still asking the same old questions eg: When does it happen? Does it happen during live games? Does it happen during replayed games? What device are you using? Does it work using another DNS? Do you have issues streaming other websites? What’s your network speed?

Can you believe this? What a joke, I asked why they haven’t purchased I monthly NBA League Pass subscription so they could test the fault. I can not believe that Optus being the massive corporation they are, that they are unable to contact the NBA for a temporary login for fault finding purposes.

My take away from the phone call was that the Optus Network team keep asking the same old questions that they already have the answer to because they believe the issue is simply due to network congestion. So basically they are now refusing to acknowledge that a fault even exists. The Optus Care Team members sees it our way btw.

I also find it very peculiar that I received a call within an hour of my above posts.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos