Searching...

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

Utah_Get_Me_Two

Anyone,

Do you know if   watch.nba.com  is the correct address to even ping back to?

I watch NBA League Pass through an IOS App.

Ray_YC

What device(s) are you streaming the game on?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Utah_Get_Me_Two

I’m unable to stream through Apple Tv, iPhone, iPad and Windows Explorer using Optus, broadband.

Optus has us pinging back to watch.nba.com but the actual URL that cannot be streamed through Optus last night was....        

watch.nba.com/channel/nbatv  

I know you can’t ping a URL’s page but the content streaming from this URL and other NBA live streams is where the problems occur.

Does this make any sense? I’m no tech guru. 

sam66

Either are the Optus techs. Remember the World Cup fiasco. #floptus

I find that NBA TV never streams properly.

Utah_Get_Me_Two

I get what you’re saying about NBA Tv.

Its just that most of my issues are with live streaming - this isn’t to say I dont ever have any issues with replayed games because I do, just not as regular.

Last night when I was testing, NBA Tv was the only live content streaming through League Pass. An example of a live games URL that is unable to be streamed is:

watch.nba.com/game/20190214/CHAORL

Optus advised us to “PINGPATH” back to watch.nba.com but for me it was actually “PATHPING”....... As I said before I’m no tech guru so maybe different systems have different command prompts. If they don’t, I’m seriously concerned with the Optus network teams capabilities for finding a fix.

Crystal ball says “Issue will be resolved for the start of the 2019-2020 season”

stagea09_

having the same issue here. internet speed seems fine for everyhting else except game replays.

attempting to watch the all start game now and get 30seconds of gameplay then buffereing...............

stagea09_

interesting enough, if i connect a VPN it works fine.

Utah_Get_Me_Two

Yep, changing your modem to a public DNS or using a VPN bypasses the issue that Optus is having with Akamai........

petebuckets

Glad I didn’t hold my breath for it to be fixed post all star break. Probably worse today than I’ve seen it, already buffering and spluttering and changing quality all over the place and wasn’t out of the first quarter. The internet connection is otherwise perfect elsewhere around the place. Such a pain! Just want to watch some basketball uninterrupted with the connection I pay Optus for! Why is that so hard to fulfill?

Ray_YC

I have unfortunately had minimal progress since providing Networks with the additional information that they asked for as per my last update post (on Page 9). The fault ticket(s) have been looked at every day but the apparent response(s) from Akamai are slow or not of any help so far (sounds like my experience whenever I've contacted NBA League Pass support). Despite this, if you haven't already, I do suggest all of you provide the additional information.

In saying that it's still unknown if it is an issue on their end. I'm yet to try the public DNS option but will be giving it a go this weekend for Jazz vs Mavs.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos