cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor sam66
Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

Given up trying to watch at night. Thankfully I follow the Knicks and they have stopped trying for Zion.
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Hi Ghossst...i love watching Kwahi vs Kyrie battle on my 120inch projector screen. I do hope you dont get your NBN from Optus because they might still be blaming others for their fault.

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Hahaha...Knicks still have Porzingis which can team up with other stars. Watching NBA games at night on demand in OZ is the best. You can take your pick of games and watch at your own leisure. Unfortunately you can't do it with optus nbn.

Occasional Contributor Ghossst
Occasional Contributor

Going with Aussie broadband at this stage, or maybe my republic gamer pro

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

After waiting for weeks for Optus to finalise my Optus NBN cancellation, they have finally called and said that my Optus NBN will be cancelled and that there will be NO CANCELLATION FEES due to the problems that I had with not being able to stream and watch NBA League Pass on my Optus FTTP connection. It was tough not being able to watch NBA games in HD with Optus NBN for a month but im quite sure their NBN services would be suitable for other clients that dont watch NBA League Pass. I am now with a different provider that has a data limit for the same NBN FTTP connection at the same price that i got from Optus but I can watch NBA League Pass in HD in all its glory and have no more buffering issues. Maybe when Optus has resolved this issue in the future I can try and get services again from them. I remain a loyal Optus customer since I am still getting all my mobile phone services from them. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Myo
New Contributor

can you let me know which provider you went with?

i am also having the same issue and if that is the standard response from optus, am seriously contemplating of moving very soon

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Chris86 @JonoOrman @Ronmoth @Herb23 @Shauno89 @Johnjohnh @sam66 @newline @JasonDC @Ghossst @Wallitron @Myo 

I too have the same problem. It worked last season pretty much with no issue at all, maybe the occasional drop in video quality, but this season I cannot get it to work at all in the evening. 
I've had the NBN tech come out, modem replaced with updated firmware, modem relocated, connected via WiFi, connected via ethernet, tried multiple devices, all the usual PC troubleshooting, etc. and it has made no difference.
I'm a Utah Jazz tragic, I watch every game and have been going to the local Maccas every second night once the kids are put to bed and watching it in the carpark using their WiFi! 
It works completely fine including streaming in HD on the rare occasion I get to watch a live game in the middle of the day.

I have been trying to get answers for a while and we've had a little bit of progress the last week to get it looked into more closely.

What you need to do:

Please send me a PM to confirm you are still having this issue. If so I'll need to grab some of your account details and contact number and will log a fault ticket for each of you and staple it to the existing main one. 

From there I will ask to you to please run a trace route to watch.nba.com and e-mail a text copy of these results through with the fault ticket number which I'll provide you with once I have your details. (I think sam66 and Herb23 have run a trace route and sent results through but they weren't run to watch.nba.com).

Fingers crossed this gets fixed soon! 

Oh and reyrea sorry to hear we lost you as a customer as a result of this. Hopefully we see you return one day and thank you for originally raising this problem on Yes Crowd.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Myo
New Contributor

Hi Ray, i have now done as requested,

* PM you my account details

* jumped the gun abit and provided you the trace route details

Can you please advise the next steps?  I assume that this is a global issue (well, global to all Optus customers who watch NBA on demand), as all the symptoms you have described is SPOT ON what i am experiencing (i.e. it was almost close to perfect last year, now it really is stuffed on demand), thus i assume that this triage will result in a fix for all? Meaning that surely someone will now take notice and proactively 'fix it' lest we have another #eplgate or #fifawcgate? ?Or do we need more people making noises?

Can you sense our frustration? It's not directed to you ok? Really appreciate it, but i am sure you can gather from all of us (and i am perhaps NOT also counting on the numerous other people who have no idea and just given up and probably think there is something wrong with their wiring\hardware and stuck on the 'work around' of downloading offline games 4 o 5 hours after the fact and watching on their phones\tablets et al rather than on the big screen ON DEMAND via chromecast blah blah blah), this has been going on since the start of the season, yet now we only see some traction (i reserve my right to see if anything positive comes out of this very soon, but if it does, kudos) with some level of 'noise' and the cost benefits analysts at optus have gone a 'oh crap' moment in regard to another bad PR exercise and decided to finally step in and resolve...

Anyway rant over (AGAIN WE really appreciate your service and assistance - please do keep us informed and updated in a timely manner)...

New Contributor Blahzaay
New Contributor

Re: Nba buffering

I have the same issue on a 17Mbps connection EVERY school holidays, day and night. I payed a lot of money for NBA League Pass and can only watch it when I download a game on my phone. Can't watch it on any of my TVs. This is the only streaming service that has an issue on my connection.

Have been using League Pass for about 10 or 11 years and only had an issue with my latest Otpus ADSL service.

New Contributor Blahzaay
New Contributor

Re: Nba buffering

Oh, and I am in Brisbane...

0 Kudos
Top Contributors