Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Contributor sam66
Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

Knicks v Celtics (9:30am) watched live - no issues - AppleTV, HFC NBN Brisbane.

0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

As I've said before on this thread over the past year, games past 2pm on weekends, holiday periods and all evenings were where the problems occurred.

Yesterday I streamed the entire 2nd half of the Suns v Clippers (past 2pm) and I had no issues. I will continue to monitor.

Apple Tv - iPhone - iPad 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Loz50
New Contributor

Still no issues for me .. watched spurs Washington last night around 8pm on chrome cast and it worked fine 

Occasional Contributor Herb23
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately optus is unusable for this season again. I stuck with them last year and decided not to switch after they told me it was fixed(after the end of the season) and provided a credit

Trying to watch any game during dinner time is an absolute joke with constant buffering. I will contact them to log another complaint and hope they let me out of contract.

If your an nba fan and use league pass look elsewhere

0 Kudos
New Contributor DeanP
New Contributor

So far I havent seen any lag during live play and even at night using any of my devices (iPad , PC, Chromecast, Android). Will update if this changes.

I am on nbn 100/40 but in the past it was intermittently lagging for me too.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi NBA fans 🏀 

During the off season we have upgraded our capacity to our content providers, this may explain why some users are not experiencing any buffering issues this season which is great to know.

However, unfortunately there are still some users (including myself) who are continuing to have a problem (I haven't tried a live game during the day yet but didn't really experience that issue myself last season). 

I am working closely with our Networks team, including having a face to face meeting as recent as Tuesday. Overall, if you read through or are aware of the history of this thread, they need as much information about the service as possible, with regular testing so they can take a deep dive to try and work out what is causing it which I am providing them with for my own I guess on behalf of everyone still not being able to watch.

I will post updates when I have them.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor rac-00p
Occasional Contributor

Good on you Ray, thanks for trying,

I tried to watch warriors Pelicans the other night - made it about halfway through before major buffering, qaulity drop and glitching.

I have also logged a tciket with optus about my speed generally as I never get over 35mbps, even though i am on "speed pack".

they are sending me a new modem... will see if that helps

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi all,

Well for the first time in well over a year I was able to watch a replay game on Saturday night with my fixed NBN connection with no issue. I believe this is in line with the capacity/bandwidth being upgraded.
That being said I still had to settle for watching on 360p, anything higher than that buffered. I'll see how it goes again tonight. But if this means I won't have to pay for renewing my VPN when it expires, happy days!

This thread overall has not been that active this season (aware that it's possible the guys from season ended up leaving Optus) and a few of you have noted improvements so good progress has been made! 

rac-00p, what is your ticket number? Let us know how you go with the new modem.

AD31, Scottm1976, Herb23 - are you guys still having issues?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor NBAappissues
New Contributor

Hi Ray.

I haven't had as many issues this year with Live streaming, which has been great. I have only tried to watch a full replay once, as the buffering was so bad it made it unwatchable. It was during peak hours, around 9pm, and I'm on a non-nbn HFC plan, but it still should be fine.

Frankly, not interested in watching at 360p either.

Still interseted in how to get the requisite info to lodge a ticket when watching via the NBA Live app? Most of my watching is either via 4G phone stream (live games when at work during the day) or on a tablet HFC internet/wifi at home. I don't really ever log in via desktop/laptop.

Chromecasting live has worked fairly well this season, just get buffering/stutter every 5-10 seconds on the tablet app stream sometimes.

Not currently under contract and have to switch to an NBN plan soon, the this app is the major factor in whether i stay or leave. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor rac-00p
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

my ticket is # 21810241. Issue i logged s about my overall speed, not about NBA.

Installed the new Modem but no difference - still maximum of about 35 mbps.

Watching POR/PHI last night, halfway through the replay started to really struggle but i stuck with it and it came good at the end.

I'm going to keep battling with the fault ticket to see if i can get decent speed and will keep an eye (nightly) on the NBA.  If the speed improves but NBA doesn't then I'll have to leave.  If the speed can't be improved then I have no idea what I'll do... 5G can't come fast enough... House full of teenagers, netflix (wife) and NBA demands a lot of bandwidth...

Cheers

0 Kudos