cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor rac-00p
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

I totally agree with this last comment.... Basically Optus is saying "yes we know there is a fault, we are pretty clear on what the fault is, but we aren't going to try real hard to resolve it.  We're just going to to wait until more people complain, whilst we ignore the people who are complaining and tell the customers it's their fault because they didn't report the problem in a very specific way, even though we already know exactly what the problem is....." genius....  reminds me of a toddler with their fingers in their ears yelling "lalalalalalalalalala" interspersed with " I can't hear you, speak louder and more clearly"..... "lalalalalalalalalala".....

I'm done..

New Contributor Loz50
New Contributor

Hi All - like most on this thread i’m done with Optus and am going to switch to another ISP before the season starts. Any recommendations on the best ISP for nba streaming? Does anybody know if any other ISP’s have the same buffering issue as switching ISPs just to have the same issue would SUCK

0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

Anyone having issues watching tonight's game from Japan? Rockets v Raptors.

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

Knicks @ Spurs on demand viewing 9pm AppleTV. Condensed - no issues, good quality; highlights - no issues, good quality; full replays, both home and away - no buffering but quality low. Checked a few other games, same outcome - low quality full replays, condensed & highlights good quality.

Will check live games on the weekend. 

New Contributor Loz50
New Contributor

I was watching the same knicks spurs game around 9pm and worked fine using my phone and on my

@sam66 wrote:

Knicks @ Spurs on demand viewing 9pm AppleTV. Condensed - no issues, good quality; highlights - no issues, good quality; full replays, both home and away - no buffering but quality low. Checked a few other games, same outcome - low quality full replays, condensed & highlights good quality.

Will check live games on the weekend. 

laptop using safari.. I was getting some buffering using chrome though. But overall better than last season . @Ray_YC  have Optus changed anything?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor rac-00p
Occasional Contributor

tried to watch the start of the new season....

same old issues - probably worse

buffering,then the screen went all garbled/static.. Same thing on 2 different games - Portland v Denver and Sacremento v Phoenix....

I give up,

as soon as i have a spare ten minutes I'll be transferring to another ISP.

poor form Optus - more than a year and still no resoluion to an obvious problem that you are well aware of...= losing customers

Contributor sam66
Contributor

I also tested the same game on my iMac using safari. Same issues as the AppleTV. Condensed & highlights were fine and you could adjust the quality of the stream. Full replay the quality was poor and you couldn't adjust the quality. I have always found condensed games stream better than full replays. Will try the iPad tonight.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AD31
New Contributor

Absolute garbage today. Impossible to watch live games. I don't think it was this bad last season but this season the stream buffers every 10 seconds. Replays are fine. 

Attempted to watch Jazz v Lakers today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the NBA App, resetting the modem and then using different devices but nothing worked. Like a fool I tried getting customer service involved....3 hrs later the game was done. 

Extremely disappointed with the service, we have every mobile, home phone and internet with Optus however I'm going to start looking elsewhere after this

New Contributor Scottm1976
New Contributor

I'm having same issues across three devices today. 

all devices

all games (3 tried)

im in 100/40 nbn, this shouldn't be an issue. 

Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

That sucks, sorry to hear that other customers are still having issues. I'm in the inner city of Sydney and to this point I have not experienced any issues thus far but, I have not streamed many afternoon games as of yet.

Where I first noticed the issue last year with the China pre-season games this year I have not. Usually for me the issues occurred past 2pm on weekends and during holiday periods and all evenings.

Currently I have not streamed any games past 2pm for a long period of time. I've only streamed for a quick look while watching these games on ESPN. Today I'll test the quality during an afternoon game.

0 Kudos