cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor KOBE420
New Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

Can you add me to the list?

0 Kudos
New Contributor DeanP
New Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

@Ray_YC,

I have captured the test results and since I only came to the forum to complain about this without a support ticket, I went and spent a good amount of time trying to find the 'Lodge a Complaint' link from Optus website (gaaddd what a pain that was) and eventually lodged one. As am not sure if I ever will be getting a support ticket number or not, I also opted to send you in a private message the results of my test.

DeanP

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@KOBE420

Please go to Page 18 to see my post for what new customers to this thread experiencing this problem need to do to get a fault ticket logged (send me a PM with account information).

@DeanP 

I will respond to your PM shortly. Hold onto your results as you will need to e-mail them through once you have a fault ticket.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor NBAappissues
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this, and your on going attempts to help rectify these issues.

I just wanted to know what the steps are to do when the issues are within the NBA live app, streaming over 4G (i have a large data plan so stream games over 4G when at work).

The buffering I get is a short stutter every 5-10 seconds.

I know the device/coverage etc are not the issue, as I also have a Kayo subscription which streams the EPSN coverage perfectly in HD over 4G. I'd prefer to use the NBA app as there are no ads with their coverage (and during the regular season not all games are on ESPN).

I've completed steps one and two of your plan in the post quoted (t1.re reports a max of 39Mbps compared to the akamai maxing out a 9Mbps), just wondering what I do for step 3 to get the required info to log a job when the buffer issues are within the app only. Anytime you try to log into the web-basedNBA site on a mobile phone it redirects you to watch in the app.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You ask a very good question. In my face to face meeting with Tier 2 support they mentioned whilst they are on the fixed technical side they are aware it impacts both fixed and mobile which they have communicated to Akamai. Do you have a fault ticket logged? If not, please PM me and I can log one for you on the mobile side of things.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor Blahzaay
New Contributor

Sorry Optus, but this long time customer is going elsewhere. It's been going on for approximately 3 years for me. Two different residence, one on ~40Mbps Cable the other ~15Mbps ADSL. I have next to no Optus 4G coverage in my street (in a built up residential area) so that's not an option for me to stream over either. 

The only way I can watch it is to stay up super late at night or get up super early in the morning on a weekday and watch a replay. School Holidays or weekends? Forget it! Buffers for literally minutes at a time.

Some years I pay nearly $400 for League Pass only to be able to watch a handful of games.

Combine this with the 3 day outage (still going despite what your your Twitter account says - just read the 10,000+ tweets) it's the last straw for me.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just an update to my last post with instructions.

Regarding:

1. Go to http://t1.re , click on the Start Speed test button, copy the results and paste into Notepad

This Akamai link no longer works. Our Networks team have contacted them to provide another one. I will provide an updated link for the Akamai Speed test when it becomes available.

This fault ticket is unlikely to progress towards a resolution without impacted users providing the necessary information.
If you're reading this, experiencing buffering issues and haven't provided the latest required information for Akamai to have a look at, please do so. If you need help or clarification on what to do, where to send them to, etc. send me a PM.

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

I'm done with all this. When my 6 months free NBN access is finished in August I'm gone - 20+ year customer. Can't wait to watch the Knicks (maybe with KD) without all these issues. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It appears you overlooked the above?

"This Akamai link no longer works. Our Networks team have contacted them to provide another one. I will provide an updated link for the Akamai Speed test when it becomes available"

It did work when I originally posted it. I definitely get the frustration. I'm reaching out to others who need it fixed that their participation is required. Hopefully you change your mind and can help out also, if you choose not to that's understandable. Thanks Sam.

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

Then why post the link. Just give up, it is never going to be fixed.

Bye Optus

Top Contributors