Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor rac-00p
Occasional Contributor

NBA League Pass hopeless

Hi,

I'm on the NBN with Optus, highest speeds but NBA League pass is just horrible - constant buffering, completely unwatchable.

The only reason i opted for the highest quality connection was so that i could enjoy watching NBA with no problems.

I did not experience this issue with my previous ISP.

After doing some research it seems that this may be a known issue with Optus.

Could you pelase advise if it is?

Please advise when it will be rectified.

If it will not be addressed in the next month then I will have to move my internet/phone and 4 mobiles to another provider.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor rac-00p
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

same deal for me guys

I just posted a new message to see if it gets any traction

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor d1g5
Occasional Contributor

Finally got a response from Optus 2 weeks after my complaint: a text message asking me to call them back!!! They really know how to do customer service, this lot...

So I just spent an hour on the phone with them, only to be told our complaints have been escalated to the highest customer team (which I already knew), and that this team will call me back tomorrow. 

They better be calling with a solution and/or compensation. Optus' reputation is in the toilet and no-one at the company seems to care. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

It’s not getting fixed, Optus called me on Monday and advised that their complaint to Akamai has not been addressed, Akamai is not responding.

So basically Optus contacts their CDN Provider Akamai, advises them that they have a major issue impacting their clients, and Akamai totally ignores the problem and their client Optus. Does Optus actually expect us to believe this, Optus must have no SLA’s for their service providers.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Well this fault ticket has been slower than an Orlando Magic rebuild but we might be starting to get somewhere.

Networks are continuing to liaise with Akamai to try and get to the bottom of this, but they have also confirmed that a change has been made at a network level as to how Akamai are serving the traffic for the NBA League Pass service to Australian subscribers.
As such, they are - apologies in advance - asking some familiar questions to see if there is a difference in service performance now.
Again, this is being asked because a significant change has occurred at a network level - it may have nothing whatsoever to do with this issue, but it does mean we need to ask for this info again.

Also, please consider that this relates to the service functionality as of Friday the 22nd:

Need to know if customers...
1. have seen any improvement since Friday
2. check the IP being issued for watch.nba.com (should be a new one which will show in the trace route)
3. confirm if the issue is happening with live games during the day, and/or full game replays and condensed game replays during the evening/night 

If you haven't been already you will probably be contacted advising of the same.
From here, as you have done previously for those who did and have a fault ticket, please run another trace route tonight or in the coming nights at your convenience during the times the buffering happens and send it through to that same e-mail address as before with your fault ticket number in the subject line.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor stagea09_
New Contributor

Had issues yesterday attempting to stream MIA v WIZ game. just waiting until the condensed replay was available. even then it started out stuttering but then seemed to correct itself.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Wallitron
New Contributor

Still broken. Having problems right now.

I get buffering trying to stream a game replay from a few days ago. I'm trying to stream at 360p.

Here is the traceroute:

tracert 104.67.237.43

Tracing route to a104-67-237-43.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [104.67.237.43]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 13 ms 19 ms 9 ms 10.99.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 23 ms 21 ms 23 ms 210.49.109.98
8 34 ms 33 ms 37 ms 198.142.144.50
9 30 ms 23 ms 23 ms a104-67-237-43.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [104.67.237.43]

Trace complete.

Yet, if  I VPN out of the country, I can stream the same content on the same internet connection at 720p. Of course, I can't do that on my TV, so it's pretty frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Ghossst
Occasional Contributor

Tracing route to e8017.dscg.akamaiedge.net [104.67.237.43]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

2     9 ms    13 ms     6 ms  10.99.0.1
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8    22 ms    30 ms    27 ms  210.49.108.66
  9    43 ms    32 ms    44 ms  198.142.144.50
 10    21 ms    26 ms    20 ms  a104-67-237-43.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [104.67.237.43]

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

No difference, still buffering. Traceroute sent.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks guys. 
If you posted your trace routes here with the intention of sharing with the group, cool, but if you didn't send them to the Networks e-mail address as instructed with your fault ticket number then that is what you need to do.

This was advised by Akamai Level 2 support agent a few days ago:
I found the video URL of game recap in watch.nba.com should be nbanlds119vod.akamaized.net instead of e8017.dscg.akamaiedge.net.

but we've seen with our trace routes we're still not connecting to the right URL so let's hope that is quickly rectified and makes a difference.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos