cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

@sam66 , @natetha68  both excellent points, it’s clearly an issue that Optus are fully aware of and are happy to live with. I really think it’s some kind of congestion issue, Optus/Akamai don’t  have the capacity on its server for NBA League Pass or its App.

A case of Optus having to many customers for what their infrastructure can handle. There’s no way in a customer service industry that an issue like this could carry on for over 4 months without senior management internally knowing about it. It must come down to a dollars & cents type of issue.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor d1g5
Occasional Contributor

What a disgrace... 

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.38.47 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.38.17 pm.png

0 Kudos
Contributor

There’s our problem Akamai........ 

I can honestly say I’m so over this, I feel totally defeated, Optus has defeated me. I give up....

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

Optus have run a cost-benefit analysis and decided that the solution to this issue doesn't warrant the financial outlay and they'll accept that some customers will be annoyed (and hopefully move to another ISP).

There is no way that a solution couldn't be found after 4 months.

Occasional Contributor

I think you're probably right @sam66 - there's no other explanation for Optus completely disregarding us. 

However, I think Optus are totally underestimating how popular NBA League Pass is in Australia. We have the most LP subscribers of any country outside of the US. I personally know around 50 people who have LP. In my building of 150 apartments, I know of at least 10 people who are LP subscribers. 

I will be telling everyone I know to switch from Optus or stay away if they are a League Pass user. And don't forget, you're not just losing our broadband business, Optus. A lot of us have mobile services that you will lose as well.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

@sam66 Mic Drop 

Occasional Contributor natetha68
Occasional Contributor

The last east thing I sent to Optus. I’d encourage you all to do the same if this is a course of action you’re able to take. 

“I’d like the next person who calls me about this issue to be someone from customer retention rather than troubleshooting as I am now taking steps to leave Optus as my ISP as this issue is something you clearly care nothing about. I will also be migrating both mine and my wife’s mobile service from Optus as those contracts expire. This has been a terribly handled situation on Optus’ part and you’re going to lose a good many customers because of this.”

Occasional Contributor KB12345
Occasional Contributor

So I found out I was able to get NBN in my area, meaning I could leave my current optus cable 100mbit and switch to aussie braodband NBNINSTANTLY LEAGUE PASS WAS PEFFECT AND I WAS ABLE TO PLAY PLAYSTATION GAMES ONLINE FOR THE TIME IN 3 YEARS! I've had multiple modems & techs come out but they couldn't find any 'problems'. Turns out the only problem is the entire optus infrastructure. 

I can't believe I put up with that rubbish for so long and I feel stupid for staying with optus. Honestly the only thing you can do is leave optus. THey are genuinely horrific. LEAVE OPTUS AS SOON AS YOU CAN AND CHANGE PROVIDER. CALL THEM IF YOU'RE IN A CONTRACT AND TELL THEM TO WAIVE THE EARLY TERMINATION FEE 

FINALLY AFTER 3 YEARS IM ABLE TO USE MY INTERNET AT HOME 

Occasional Contributor

I sent my official complaint to the Optus complaint email listed on the website (enquiries@optus.com.au) 1 week ago, and haven't had any response whatsoever. 

What an absolute joke. I'm seriously close to puling the pin. Does Aussie Broadband have any good offers going at the moment? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

congratulations mate...you are now stress free and free to enjoy the NBA Playoffs in HD...hope others follow soon

0 Kudos
Top Contributors