cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor natetha68
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

@Utah_Get_Me_Two I’m no the most tech savvy guy. What’s a DNS? Is it free/relatively easy to set up?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor d1g5
Occasional Contributor

So I emailed my complaint to tracert@optus.com.au 5 days ago, and am yet to receive a response or ticket. Is this normal? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Chris86
Occasional Contributor

Ditto 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Customers impacted by this issue need to have contacted Optus first (or myself as directed if you read my posts in this thread pages 6/7/9, acknowledging that it 15 pages long) to have a fault ticket raised, to then send your trace route results to the e-mail address to be attached to your ticket.
Unfortunately just sending that particular e-mail address with your complaint as suggested by another user is not going to get you anywhere.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

Yes, unfortunately contacting Optus with an issue will not get you anywhere........

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor d1g5
Occasional Contributor

Great, so I have to waste half an hour on the phone when I've already written a clear and concise email? What about if I use this web form?: https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Quick non-update

i got a call from fixed line troubleshooting today. After some back and forth, I got him to understand that this isn’t an issue for us to troubleshoot. It’s something at their end. Optus, if you’re reading this, please don’t have troubleshooters call us. It’s not us, it’s you. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Utah_Get_Me_Two
Contributor

I think this Optus trouble-shooter was just wasting your time, as Optus have already acknowledged that;

The latest is the Networks team is still in back and forth discussions with Level 2 support for Akamai (web server for NBA).”

Akamai is the Optus Content Delivery Network Services Provider. Optus is Akamai’s client yet we still don’t have a fix after 4 months. Optus must have no pull and obviously doesn’t  care.

This Optus trouble-shooter would have known where this issues sits and only really called you as a token gesture to make you think something was actually happening.

Ive been gettting these same pointless weekly calls from an Optus Care Team Memember myself.

Contributor sam66
Contributor

If this can't get sorted out in 4 months there must be something else we are not being told. Maybe a cost or infrastructure issue Optus is not willing to admit.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I think it’s something more nefarious than that TBH. This all cropped up around the time Kayo landed in Australia. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Optus are throttling the NBA to move people over to Kayo. I obviously have no proof of this, it’s all circumstancial, but holy crap, they’re not in a hurry to fix this. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors