Searching...

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

petebuckets

Yeah ok, well it’s definitely a combination of the two that they need to sort out between themselves, as my experience is faultless when I fail over to Telstra 4G. I’ve since added cloudflares public dns 1.1.1.1 back into the config and although not perfect, it’s sorted itself out with minimal degradation and no buffering. 

petebuckets

Spoke too soon. Still trash

Ghossst

I'm Using VPN now, all good. no lag, very fast skipping past time outs etc. I think I'll just use VPN until i get NBN and switch providers. 

KB12345

I have exactly the same issue with nba league pass too. I've paid $300 for the service and in the evenings I just get constant buffering and the quality automatically sets itself to 480p (at most), rarely will it ever hit 720p. I have 100mbit cable. I get freezing etc the works. When I hot spot my devices to my mobile phone it streams 720p flawlessly. I've also had my modem swapped over etc. It's at the point where watching the NBA is impossible unless I load it up at 4am or call in sick to work. Anyone know if it's possible to get a $300 credit from optus for providing such a poor service that deem this subscriptions useless? Netflix & premier league stream perfectly fine at the same time. I would appreciate a technical answer as to why these kind of things occur

Utah_Get_Me_Two

@KB12345 Optus have not charged me for the last two months, they have also provided me with a free 4G modem with 50GB of data that can also be topped up free of charge. 

At this point I have not used the 4G modem to stream NBA League Pass but if my memory serves me correct, I believe that other users have pointed out that the issue is still present through the Optus 4G network.

This ain’t getting fixed......., no way no how.

KB12345

@Utah_Get_Me_Two  ok thanks for the reply. Such a shame this issue isn't getting fixed. I might contact them and see what they can do. Either way I don't really have an option but to leave optus as it's such an inferior service to what sounds like other people are receiving. Obviously if they cared about their customers this issue would be addressed

petebuckets

My workaround to watch NBA on Optus is sign up to Kayo, and hope the game you want to watch is being  televised on ESPN Smiley Sad

Ray_YC

Did you try changing to the Cloudflare DNS on just the device or the router? I tried just on my laptop late last night and it made no difference Smiley Sad

I'm not sure if this is significant but of the 8 fault tickets that I know and have visibility of, only 2 or 3 including myself and UtahGetMeTwo have provided the additional information that Networks asked for 1-2 weeks ago.

If you haven't raised a fault ticket or provided the additional information requested to assist them (read back earlier in this thread for instructions on what to do), I imagine it's not helping the case for all of us as their priority is probably looking at other network related issues impacting more than two customers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Wallitron

They don't need any additional info. They just don't give a S$%&! about this.

This is an issue that is dead easy to replicate. It's straight forward. It costs $20 a month to buy League Pass. Are you telling me that nobody at Optus has the authority to by a month of League Pass to fix a problem with their network?

They have already lost more that $20 worth of revenue on the customers that went to other providers. When I have another option for NBN speeds later this year, I'll be done with Optus.

Optus, my account number is *hidden*. You have my number, it's up to you now.

sam66

Watching NYK vs SAS condensed game - perfect, no buffering. Switch over to the full game to watch the last quarter and it buffers immediately, terrible quality.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
14 Kudos