Searching...

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

Ray_YC

Hey there, 

With regards to next steps, I wish I had a better answer for you but it's really just waiting for the Networks team. 2 of us here already had fault tickets, 3 more have contacted me and I've logged tickets for them and another one on its way. Apparently it does not impact all Optus customers as a few have said they haven't experienced this issue (which I'm seeking further clarification of). I can assure everyone that the networks team are looking at it every day as I am monitoring the fault tickets and as soon as there are any significant updates I will post them here. As a contact number was required, they may even make contact themselves.

Believe me, I definitely sense everyone's frustration. It's a good day for me today because the Jazz are on ESPN so no McDonalds carpark for me tonight sitting in the car in 30 degrees!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

Note from Networks at 2:42pm today:

We are in coordination with Akamai to get a resolution for this. As soon as we get an update from Akamai, will come back. (to update fault ticket). 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

Hi all,

This is still quite frustratingly moving slowly, latest update is:

Networks have reached out to Akamai, the company hosting the NBA server/s in the USA and they said initial investigations are not revealing any specific issues so they have asked for more information (which I have provided them this morning).

At least my Jazz are moving up the standings!

Vandering

Hi, I've been experiencing same issue for a long time this season, unwatchable after 4pm AET, but no problems during live games.  This happens to both optus NBN FTTN and Optus 4g network. 

Appreciate any help.

Highlighted

Ray_YC

Hi @Vandering

What you need to do:

Please send me a PM. I'll need to grab some of your details (Optus internet username, state, additional account details optional) and contact number and will log a fault ticket for you and staple it to the existing main one. 

From there I will ask to you to please run a trace route to watch.nba.com and e-mail a text copy of these results through with the fault ticket number which I'll provide you with once I have your details.

Once done you and everyone else who has a fault ticket may be contacted by the Networks team asking for further specifics but I do suggest to keep an eye on this thread for clear updates.

Utah_Get_Me_Two

Also having the same issues (Redfern, Syd) first noticed the issue back in November. For me the problem occurs at around 2pm on weekends and all week during school holidays. Replayed games seem fine during any period of the day, it just seems to be the live stream. Constant buffering, pausing and terrible quality- unwatchable.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that things have moved so slowly. My fault ticket #Ref 20494671 has been open a month. The CRAZY thing is that I had to direct members of the OPTUS CARE team to the YES CROWD and Twitter links as they had no idea or visibility of what I was talking about. Even though it had been all over the above websites. Why would OPTUS have any centralised system that would show all user complaints/issues. How mental is that!

The above was after OPTUS had already sent me over to their 3rd party techs QK SOLUTIONS who were absolutely disgraceful. They, QK SOLUTIONS  managed to call me around a half a dozen times over a two week period asking if I was still having the problem. Well of course I was still having the problem, since all QK SOLUTIONS had done was to call me to ask if I was still having the problem!!

They finally told me that I would need to get in contact with OPTUS to tell them the problems. I asked the lady, you do realise I’m talking to you because I’ve already called OPTUS and they have processed me through to you. After a long discussion I had her admit that she had totally dropped the ball and that she had no idea what she was doing. I guess the half a dozen phone calls were to justify the $90 they charge. I’m pretty sure she was just trolling me, having a laugh with her colleagues there in the office, she had to be. 

Received a phone call yesterday saying the issue has been passed onto and sits with the network team. With “NO ETA”. The OPTUS CARE team member has assured me that I’ll be able to Opt-Out of my contract if desired.

P.S - When I first noticed the issue I contacted  OPTUS who put me on a full speed boost pack at $30 dollars more per

month and assured me this would fix the issue. I know, I know how dumb am I.......

Ray_YC

That's interesting @Utah_Get_Me_Two as you are experiencing the opposite issue to the rest of us. We don't have an issue watching live games, it's replayed games in the evening that are unwatchable.

Is your issue exclusive to just NBA League Pass? Can you stream anything else fine?

I can see your fault ticket has since been stapled along with everyone else's to the parent ticket, it is disappointing to hear about your experience so far. I do suggest to stay tuned to this thread from now on.

Utah_Get_Me_Two

Thanks for the note, yeah the issue is only with NBA League Pass, no problem streaming anything else. I first noticed the issue back in November last year with a pre-season game from China.

Last Sunday while watching the Warriors vs Boston, the game was fine until 2:06pm, that’s when the constant buffering and freezing began. When switching to my Telstra 4G service NBA League Pass performs without a hitch. Replaying a game that afternoon was also fine. Streaming Live content from NBA TV also occurs the same problematic issues.

A Trace Rout takes me back to Akamai amd when running a speed test to Akamai I’m receiving >9Mbps. Does that not seem slow? Also changing to a public DNS seems to fix the issue.

I’ve come across other users with the same specific issue as myself on the YES CROWD website, also on Twitter.

Not sure if you’ve been able to view the other threads as of yet? I say you would of as you seem across the issue.

Happy to pass on any more details.

Thanks for the quick reply.

petebuckets

Have the same problem as @Utah_Get_Me_Two , to which I also have to get the trusty but data limited Telstra hotspot out to watch the second half of games (which has always run without a single problem) when it gets into mid afternoon.

Annoying to have to switch between access points mid game, or at all! Netflix, Stan, all other services are perfectly fine during the buffering NBA potato feed, it's just simply NBA league pass and Optus combination.

I watch primarily on aTV, but the exact same thing happens when connected to the Optus uplink from PC/Android/Mac/iPhone/ Chromecast/PS4/everything else in the household that has access to stream NBA league pass.

A fix would be fantastic, as I'm just another number that will simply move to another provider if it cannot be sorted.

[ Edited ]
sam66

I'm also finding that live afternoon games are having quality issues. Live games before midday stream fine.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
31 Kudos
29 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos