cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Wallitron
New Contributor

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

I have a case open with the NBA League Pass. The troubleshooting I've done indicates this is definitely a problem with the Akamai servers based at Optus.

I can VPN on my Optus network to work, and stream NBA games fine. Without the VPN, constant buffering. The IPs being served by Akamai from the Optus network are the problem here:

The fact that so many customers are complaining and Optus have doing absolutely nothing for 6 weeks is absolutely galling. Now that they've sat back and waited for their customers to troubleshoot the problem for them, lets see now how long it takes to fix it, or do they need us to do that for them also?

Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Hi Wallitron. Thanks for the info. I have cancelled my Optus NBN and have switched back to my previous NBN provider. I am now able to watch NBA league pass in HD quality all day and night. I do hope they can start to realize that their services are faulty and should be resolved for all customers. 

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

This is some of the misinformation Optus are spreading via their technical chat:

I personally stream NBA games myself and find that those streams are generally more demanding of bandwidth than your standard streaming services (e.g. Netflix, Stan, YouTube). This is due to the ultra HD quality of the stream and the way that NBA games are compressed. Once we've confirmed your Ethernet connection speeds via the link above, we'll be able to assess the next steps moving forward.

With that kind of technical support this issue will never be resolved.

Tags (1)
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Hi Sam66...you are spot on. No use expecting a resolution from Optus. If anyone has the same issue they should just switch to another provider. Someone should put a comment or social media announcement that Optus NBN does not work properly with NBA league pass. Optus is such a big company to not have the technical expertise or resources for this type of issue. 

0 Kudos
Contributor sam66
Contributor

Occasional Contributor Chris86
Occasional Contributor

Any response to this? Beer in hand, kids in bed, wife out and I JUST WANT TO WATCH THE CELTS RAPTORS GAME!!! This is a joke. #optout #floptus 

Occasional Contributor Ghossst
Occasional Contributor

Actually not too bad tonight, can kinda watch it in super blurry resolution. 

Can't wait for NBN, i'll be going to another provider. No choice right now with Optus cable. 

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Hi Chris86...i am watching Raptors Celtics in HD tonight since getting rid of Optus NBN. No such problem with my other provider. Optus has not done anything about the issue. They are blaming NBA league pass even though it is proven that all their clients are having the same issue. Time to switch and watch NBA in HD.

Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Hi Ghosts...good decision to switch providers. Optus just doesnt understand how furious and stressful it is to watch NBA games in pixelated quality. Even worse if you are paying a lot for their services which doesnt do the job. Better switch soon before the playoffs. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ghossst
Occasional Contributor

yep. NBN coming in Apr to Jun, can't change until then. 

I have resorted to downloading the game on my ipad and then watch it on ipad and not on my 100inch projector. stupid optus. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors