Searching...

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

JonoOrman

Optus give you any answers. Been with Optus NBN for a couple of years now. Last year's NBA Season was not great, but this season so far has been really bad. Stream other stuff, particularly the Netflix in other rooms fine.

Cheers

Jono

reyrea

Hi Jono

Are you also having issues only from afternoon to midnight? Have you ever watched nbavleague pass in HD?

JonoOrman

Thanks for the reply. The afternoon to midnight does appear to be worse. I left the league pass on auto, so I assume it was trying to reach the 720HD setting. 

On a seperate note, do you know if other apps are being investigated for Fetch? Such as NBA League Pass?

Cheers

Jonathon

Highlighted

reyrea

Hi Jono...so for years you have been habing these issues with Optus NBN not being able to stream NBA league pass properly. I should have known your experience from the very start. Why havent you switched providers yet?

I am not familiar with Fetch TV...are they also having the same buffering issues? Do you have Fetch TV?

Ronmoth

Having the exact same issue.

Just switched from Telstra ADSL where streaming was fine on 7mbps and now getting 45mbps on Optus NBN and cant stream a game! So frustrating, everything else including premier league and Netflix HD is streaming fine with absolutely zero buffering issues.

Did you ever get a solution to this?

reyrea

We are on the same boat. Ever since moving to Optus NBN, NBA league pass has never worked well from 4pm to 6am. I am just waiting feedback from NBA league pass to provide evidence that its my internet connection thats having issues. I am getting expected internet speed test results  but unable to watch games even at 240p quality...its the worst. I am going back to my previous provider Skymesh who does not have Unlimited data but does not have these issues.

Herb23

My NBA league pass has the same experience. I have constant buffering during dinner times and when I want to watch it with the kids. I have been on the phone to optus and logged multiple faults over a number of months and even had a tech switchout my modem and router.I have been advised to contact the call centre when there is a problem but when speaking to an operator the network did not have an issue, I must note that other applications such as Netflix work fine. Looks like a network congestion issue with optus not having enough capacity to service all the customers wanting to watch the nba as I do not have any problems streaming from my voda or telstra mobile.

Optus please help

Nba buffering

Herb23

My NBA app constantly buffers using my optus cable service and is unusable. I have I have logged multiple faults and had a tech visit to swap out my modem and router but this has still not resolved the problem. This is very frustrating as it has been an issue for months and we have paid hundreds for league pass. This seems to be a congestion issue with optus not having enough bandwidth to service customers wanting to watch the nba. I have tried connection my TV to both Vodafone and telstra 4g tethering from my mobile and it works fine. 

Please help me optus 

reyrea

Have you ever had no problems with watching NBA league pass since you got Optus NBN?

Ronmoth

For me, I have less problems usually the day after the game, in the morning. So my problems are afternoon and evening. The exact same time I have the issues I can stream Netflix, Stan or a Premier League game with zero issues and I can watch the same NBA game on my mobile on 4G with no issues (and my mobile is with Optus).

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
52 Kudos
29 Kudos
22 Kudos
18 Kudos