cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

NBA League Pass Buffering on Optus

I have recently switched to NBN Fiber to Home 100Mbps\40Mbps plan. After switching, I am unable to watch NBA League Pass using Chrome browser on my laptop. I have my laptop wired directly to the modem/router. I do get 90Mbps\35Mbps internet speed using Speedtest.net. NBA League pass is buffering even at the lowest speeds for streaming. I have switched laptops but still get the same problem. I never had this problem with my previous NBN provider.

Does anyone have the same issue? Is this an on going issue for Optus NBN? What other troubleshooting can I do for this problem?

reyrea

0 Kudos
222 Replies
Moderator Shauna

Re: NBA League Pass Buffering

Hey @reyrea - thanks for the message.

Can you please confirm your account number, full name and DOB via PM?

We might need to pass this one on to our TV & Content team for further investigation. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Chris86
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem.. Plays for 10 seconds and buffers for longer. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Did you just recently switch to Optus NBN? Do you have buffering all day? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We have had it for 5ish months. It seems to perform better during the day however I still need to reduce the picture quality drastically. Seems strange that it can't handle a simple website stream. 

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Are you fibre to the home? What speedtest are you getting? Are you located in NSW?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Fibre to node 33.61 Mbps speed test. Yes Central Coast NSW. 

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

My speedtest is 90mbps/35mbps but games are buffering at 240p quality. I am located in 7hills NSW. Did this issue ever happen before with your Optus NBN? How long have you been with Optus? If it was ok before then it might be NBA league pass thats having an issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yea i'm getting the same. It's been the same since I got optus 5mths ago. Netflix etc streams fine its just NBA. Soooooo frustrating when you finally get some downtime and can't watch a game! 

0 Kudos
Contributor reyrea
Contributor

Same here. I did not have any issues when i was with my previous NBN provider Skymesh. So you never were able watch properly ever since switching to Optus NBN...is that right? I am tryying to watch Wolves Suns game right now on auto quality. Its buffering and pixelated. Are you also getting the same issue? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors