cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor truthseeker
New Contributor

My Account and My Services

I have had an Optus My Account login for about 2 years. It was set up when I began using a data-only sim in a wifi hotspot device. I could log in and do all the expected things.

I recently signed up for the Optus NBN $80 plan. I provided the same email address as I used for the original My Account. The NBN was successfully connected, and all works as expected, so no complaints about that.

However, the original My Account online login still shows only details related to my data sim, and nothing about my NBN account.

After receiving my first paper bill, as expected, I wanted to change to email billing. I am able to log in to My Services, but there does not appear to be a way to do the sort of thing one would expect to do via My Account. I have spent quite some time on the phone to Customer Service trying to find out if I can get to the My Account which shows my Internet/NBN details. They do not appear to understand the question. The only response they have is that I should log in to My Account and it will all be there - which it is not.

In desperation I went to the Optus Shop where I organized the NBN connection. They suggested that the My Account and My Services systems are different. While there would be a My Account set up for the new NBN/Internet account, I cannot access it by my supplied email address because that is already in use for the earlier data sim account. I tried with them to see if I could register for My Account using a different email address (as supplied with the Internet account). While the system accepted the different email address, it would not set it up because my personal details were already registered with my original My Account email address. Catch 22.

So according to this it is not actually possible for me to access My Account by any means. According to the Optus Shop person, the various systems may be merged and reconciled at some point in the future (years?). In the meantime, just phone Customer Service (extended frustration).

I can see that other people have had My Account difficulties, but haven't seen something exactly like this.

Is the advice from the Optus Shop correct?

Is there a way to access my NBN/Internet My Account?

Am I misunderstanding the whole process?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Account and My Services

Optus stores can't  access your account directly.

With services / accounts etc. it seems Optus need to assign things behind the scenes correctly and this can sometimes not be done.

I'll flag @Toomey and @Dan_C as they're pretty good at getting these backend connections sorted.

Peter Gillespie

Moderator Tris

Hi @truthseeker, could you send a PM with your full name, account number and DOB please? We're in the process of consolidating our billing platforms, so may be what's causing problems for you here. I'll confirm and let you know Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor truthseeker
New Contributor

Tris,

Whatever you did allowed me to set up a separate My Account login for my new NBN service. Thank you.

There must be many people (thousands?) with the same issue when they set up a new account (when they already have an existing account for an older service). 

To avoid requiring an Optus "expert" to answer the same question over and over, and manually go through the process to "unlink" the accounts, might it not be a good idea to have the services set up initially in the "unlinked" state. Users might then complain that they need to have separate logins, but at least they would not be locked out. Eventually the systems will merge them, and we will have to find something else to complain about.

Just a thought.

Truthseeker

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, thanks for the update @truthseeker. We appreciate that J

I'm glad Tris could help out with this one. That's not a bad idea. Things should become a bit more streamlined once all products are made available in our new billing platform. 

If anything else comes up, you know exactly where to find us! 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Rhogar
New Contributor

Hey guys, hoping I can jump in on this bandwagon. I also had a previous billing account which is viewable no worries, but I've never been able to access my NBN account, and I mysteriously stopped receiving paper bills for the internet a few months ago and it'd be super if I could actually be informed about, and pay my bills so my service isn't cut off. If someone could help out that would be great. The support articles go in circles and talk about pages in my account screens that don't exist etc. Would rather not have to sit on the phone all day sorting this out

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You won't sort any billing issues out here.

Contact Optus via LIVECHAT, the Optus App or Facebook for a faster resolution.

If you have the cash perhaps just BPay a few months worth of your bill. It appears as a credit and Optus just culls that before looking elsewhere (e.g. Direct Debit)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors