cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nicknamed
New Contributor
New Contributor

Moved to NBN - What happens to Optus Cable infrastructure?

Hi,

I moved from Optus Cable to Optus FTTN NBN. Its all working. I still have the old Optus cable running to my house and some cabling which is now obsolete (I assume). Can I remove all the Optus plugs and wiring from my house now? Will someone come to remove the cable running to my house? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nard_YC

Re: Moved to NBN - What happens to Optus Cable infrastructure?

Hi there @Nicknamed. Thanks for posting on YesCrowd. 

Great to hear you've migrated over from Optus Cable to Optus NBN, we hope you're enjoying it so far! 

With regards to old Cable equipment at your house, you're free to remove the cabling & network devices (old modem/router etc) that you're no longer using in the inside of your home.

However, for the equipment and cabling attached on the outside of your house, you'll need to get in touch with us so we can have a qualified technician sent out to remove that safely. 

You can get in touch with us to request this via Messaging our 24x7 Experts in the My Optus App. If for some reason you're unable to use the app to get in touch, please send a PM through to our official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page and the team will assist with organising this for you. 

Let us know how you go! - Nard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.