cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

mickdunn00
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Modem

Optus modem failed. Purchased a tplink ac2800, that requires a username and password to connect modem to nbn. 
doesn’t seem to exist. Optus no help

0 Kudos
8 Replies
George_YC

Re: Modem

Hi @mickdunn00,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your Optus modem.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
mickdunn00
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have messaged, no help.
I have called, no help.
Have been at it for 5 hours.
Lockdown, trying to work from home, home school because of lockdown. Sick wife, no land line.
No competence at optus
0 Kudos
George_YC

Sorry to hear that @mickdunn00. I'd suggest sending us a DM on Twitter or a PM on Facebook. Our Social Media team will assist you as best as they can. If necessary, they will refer it to the relevant teams. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
mickdunn00
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Let me guess, tr

hey will get back to me in 24-48 hours

0 Kudos
George_YC

Not at all @mickdunn00. They're pretty quick with their responses, you won't be waiting long. Just send them a message, make sure you have your notifications turned on, and they'll reply to you as soon as they can.

0 Kudos
mickdunn00
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Said they can’t help

0 Kudos
mickdunn00
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They can’t help with access to their nbn unless it’s with their modem. Which I can’t get. I bought one, cost me $350. Too complicated for Optus!

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

0 Kudos