Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

Modem software update

Is there going tp be an update for this modem  FAST5366TN-A  as its getting a bit outdated...no 4G backup (3G only) and the WiFi isn't the best on it.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Kartika

Re: Modem software update

Hi @jeepers, we don`t have a confirmation in this regards at the moment. It depends on the manufacturer. With modems if there is any update it will automatically happen. You can check your current firmware or updates by logging into the modem settings (details on the back of the back itself).

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply my current software version is SG4Y1TM001009 so its quite an old modem.
0 Kudos
AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@jeepersPlease have a read of the following thread as it is important that you get the correct info depending on what exact modem you have:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/FAST5366TN-A-4G-Failover/td-p/627109

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

It has LTE support so its 3G & 4G.

New firmware version v2023 actually started being pushed out this week.
0 Kudos
jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to download this 2023 update or do I have to wait for the modem to do it.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hey there @jeepers, the modem will generally update the firmware without you having to do anything. You could also try power cycling the modem or completing a restart through the modem settings. You can access the modem settings through a web browser. Just search for 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@jeepers wrote:
Is it possible to download this 2023 update or do I have to wait for the modem to do it.

Typically its possible to force a firmware update by just rebooting the modem through the maintenance menu, but I was unable to do that with this release as its a staggered roll out.  2K units will be updated this week followed by 20k per day.

jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

OK Thanks for the info
0 Kudos
jeepers
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know what is in this update...mine updated but i cannot see any difference....?
0 Kudos