Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
arvinnet
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem sagemcom 5366

For using the backup 4G back up mode, should I unplug the DSL cable to kill my main internet connection (NBN) and force the backup to kick in or it can done automatically?

Because when the DSL cable is connected, 4G is not working and modem cannot understand the NBN is not working but when I unplug DSL cable then 4G start working.

So , I want to know is there any way to do that automatically by the Modem ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Modem sagemcom 5366

Its supposed to automatically switch to 4G backup after 1-6 minutes of it detecting that there is no internet connection.

arvinnet
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, but it is not working like that and not switch to 4G automatically.

I thought that it is supposed to automatically switch to 4G but it doesn’t !

Do you have an idea what can I do for that ? @YetAnotherAcc 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Do you have an idea what can I do for that ? @YetAnotherAcc 

Unless there are some setting the in the router that dictate how/when 4G kicks in then no.

Can you go the the Internet connection section in the router and grab a screenshot of what is says for 4G, if anything. I don't have the 4G version so I don't know what options may/may not be there.

0 Kudos
arvinnet
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks , but there is no any specific tab or section for 4G in the modem setting .

In the photo attached , no.1 is my modem and no.2 i found in internet with section for 3G/LTE

so now I do not know my modem has problem because doesn't have this tab/section or this photo is old and belong to old version of this modem. @YetAnotherAcc 

No.1No.1No.2No.2

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Looks like the section you are showing is the 4G section, it just doesn't explicitly say 4G.

The second image is for the older 5366 that does not have inbuilt mobile backup, but does allow control of a mobile dongle.

So if its not auto detecting an internet outage I doubt calling up Optus to report the issue will get anything fixed as it is most likely a firmware issue (.i.e. the software that runs the modem)  which will take a very long time to fix. All I can suggest is that you post your problem in the main thread of the Optus Ultra WiFi modem with 4G back-up as that is where Optus are most likely to look to learn about problems for that modem.

0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - on the front panel, is the modem showing any signal strength indication with the 5 Bars when it is functioning on DSL or after you disconnect the DSL cable. In the early days of its release, Optus had sent out pre-loaded SIMs that were not activated correctly for the back up service and had either sent out replacement ones in the mail or referred customers to their stores to obtain a replacement SIM. 

0 Kudos