Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Modem connected, wifi connected but no internet through wifi

Hello,
I have a Sagemcom 3864 V3 OP with an nbn connection.
Everything was working fine until today.
No connection then it reworked fine but:
- The router is connected to the internet,
- the wifi is available and I can connect my laptop or my phone,
- i can access internet with Ethernet in the laptop
- but there is no internet accessible over wifi!

When I go on 192.168.0.1 the router says it’s connected to the internet and that the wifi is active. And that’s true, but not internet through wifi 😞
Any idea?
Of course I restarted the modem several times.
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Modem connected, wifi connected but no internet through wifi

Hi - did you do a 'power down and power up' restart or did you do 'a paperclip into the restart hole with modem power on for 10 seconds' restart? If the later and no change to circumstances, might be worth contacting Optus support and get them to remotely diagnose the modem to verify if there is a technical problem with the existing modem. They should replace your modem if there is a fault with it.

It may assist you with Optus if you have information from the Command Line Console screens using [ifconfig (if Apple)] or [ipconfig/all(if Windows)] to confirm the wireless device has an IP address, is using the Modem as the DNS Gateway for connection to the Internet and also in the same screen, [ping google.com] for any connection information.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It seems a hard reboot (with "pin" reset has done it.

After about 10 minutes, everything was back and working.

Thanks @Mkrtich !

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you are back on the air. Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have turned everything off , unplugged, reset with paperclip etc still no internet. Sometimes dsl light isn’t on or flashing either
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - do you have ADSL or NBN FTTN and can you make and receive telephone calls when you have no Internet? If you have either of these services and have a spare telephone cable, can you replace the existing one and see if DSL LED stays on or check the firmness of the existing connection at the wall socket - the terminations inside the socket may also need inspection. If you have ADSL, check the line splitter (not required on NBN) connections are firm and if you have a spare one , also replace it.

Can you connect to the Internet via a LAN cable connected to a PC or is it just not connecting when you use Wi-Fi? If no improvement, suggest you contact Optus so that they can diagnose the problem, rectify it or replace the modem. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have nbn and had trouble with the wall socket and cable when installed so I’ll check this out.. the modem could be on its way out too. I don’t use a computer it’s the tv.. fetch box works for tv channels but won’t stream due to no internet.. Optus has a wait time of 2.5 hours on phone 😩Thankyou for your help
0 Kudos