Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Mobile can't connect to optus Nbn WiFi..

I have a Huawei Mate 10 phone. 

Just got Optus Nbn installed. I can connect my laptop to WiFi.. Can connect samsung tablet to WiFi.  But I cannot connect my Huawei phone to it.. We previously had to nbn and there was no issue.. Now doesn't work. Any ideas? Any settings I need to change? Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mobile can't connect to optus Nbn WiFi..

Since you have confirmed the wifi works the issue is with the mobile phone. Try clearing any wifi settings on it and then rejoin. Alos try connect it to some other wifi network to confirm it can. One other thought is there ar two wifi frequencies 5Mhz and 2.4Mhz. Perhaps you havent set both of these up?  Can the Huwai see the network you want to join?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Mobile can't connect to optus Nbn WiFi..

Hi @Goosey - Definitely get that this would be frustrating. Since your other devices can connect to NBN WiFI, it could be that there's an issue with the handset.  Could you please confirm if you've tried connecting your mobile to a different WiFi? Please contact our techs on 131344 or Here if you still need help. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos