Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
LaurieWilson
New Contributor
New Contributor

Missing emails

The day before our switchover to the NBN, all mobile and broadband coverage was switched off for half a day.  On the day of our switchover, there was no email available (could not contact server) from midnight until 2 pm, and only then after I had spent half an hour online to Optus.  When email was again available, all emails from midnight to 2 pm had been deleted.  I was told they would re-appear after 4 hours, but they are still missing the next day.  These could contain important information, and I hope Optus can recover them for me.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
z_hook

Re: Missing emails

Hi @LaurieWilson,

Just to confirm, are you accessing your emails via the Optusnet login portal or via an alternate mail service?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
LaurieWilson
New Contributor
New Contributor

Emails were accessed via webmail and Outlook.  The problem seems to be that all email addresses associated with our Optus account were deleted for 14 hours then reinstated after I contacted Optus.  Some (probably all) emails sent to me during that 14 hours bounced.  Now all up and running again but there is a 14 hour gap in my inbox.  Probably associated with switching to NBN which happened on that day, though email should have remained active throughout.

0 Kudos
disgruntleduser
New Contributor
New Contributor

Exact same thing happened to us. Took 3 (long) calls to the Optus tech line to fix. First 2 times they said they'd fixed it and to wait for the emails to re-populate. They didn't. Third time must have just got the right person, as they flicked some kind of switch when i was on the line with them, and all of the emails re-appeared. Just seems to be a combination of luck and perseverance.