cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Message limit reached. Now everyone gets to see.

2B357755-9293-4EE8-BD73-CBB5C938F174.png
As as you can see from above, speed tests pick up my wifi and confirm my connection, and tell me I’m actually getting decent speeds - so too does every device that’s connected allow me to ‘connect’. However. Every day for the past 2 weeks, give or take a couple of days, the ONLY way I’ve been able to actually utilise the wifi connection is turning off both the gateway and the modem, waiting 30 seconds, then turning them back on, and immediately doing a reset on the modem to force the wifi to work in my own home. I have not been able to cancel my sim only service due to the fact that I have completely useless internet, and there still is no word on the Speed Pack. I am EXTREMELY upset, I had issues with my last home, and now at the time I need the internet most due to a mother in another state in hospital whom I can only connect with through FaceTime or calling, and I can’t because what was once a semi decent service is now causing more stress. And simply calling is a task because the main reason I decided to get wifi in the first place is because I have terrible reception.
i love all the perks that Optus can provide for its customers, however this is getting beyond a joke, and I’m seriously considering switching services, and going to the ombudsman for any outstanding amounts I owe due to all these issues. You have been great to say you can help me, but without action being present, and the ever growing list of problems I seem to be accumulating in the intrim, I can no longer have faith that any service channel in Optus that I can connect with is going to make me feel like a valued customer.
Even now, after peak time has come and gone, fetch says there’s a streaming issue, and because of bad cell service, I have to write this to you with my iPad pointed slightly to the left, and at an angle that would be comical, had I not had so many issues to begin with.
I’d ask you to fix this, but I know all that would happen is me sending back any ‘faulty’ equipment and being without a service I would inevitably pay for. And, on that point, I have been charged a full month for my service of this so called wifi, even though I did not start using said service until 21st of February, due to the fact that my internet was not connected on the date I was told. So I’ve been charged for 13th feb to 12th March. Fan-*moderated*-tastic.

edit: just quickly, this gets posted here because apparently I’ve sent too many private messages, even more BS that I get to go through. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Message limit reached. Now everyone gets to see.

You can buy your own VDSL modem and wifi system. The one supplied by Optus is only a base *moderated* model.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/fttn_registered_modem_router

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Message limit reached. Now everyone gets to see.

Sorry to hear about the message limit, I'm not sure why this has kicked in. I've sent you a PM so please let me know if there's any issues reading/replying to this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos