cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Blast
Occasional Contributor

Mac crashes with NBN

I have just had NBN (National Broadband Network) connected, now when I turn on my macbook and connect to the internet via ethernet cable or wifi through my airport, as soon as I click on anything, I get the spinning beach ball, mac freezes and I have to turn off via the power button. I have OS10.6.8 and cannot upgrade to another OS. I have clicked IVP4 (i don’t have IVP6) to Off in Network Preferences to no avail. Can you help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Mac crashes with NBN

Judging from my days of doing Apple support ~2009 it sounds like the issue is a bit deeper then just the connection type.

As its both wireless and ethernet doing the same thing could indicate a firewall or antivirus issue.

Do you have a firewall or antivirus on your Mac? (yes, Macs can get viruses)

You will need IPv4 enabled to get a connection, so probably best to reset the network first:

System Preferences>Network, select Wi-Fi and then the - icon

This will remove the existing to allow you a fresh start.

Clicking on the + icon will take you through the setup of wifi again

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Mac crashes with NBN

As a mac user myself @Paddylee is correct. Your issue is with your Mac not with the connection type.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Top Contributors